PDA

View Full Version : Excel Macros

vid
23rd March 2006, 09:40 AM
I don't know much about macros in excel but what I would like to do is insert a text box on a spreadsheet that customers can click and it will automatically attach it to an email with MY email address, does anyone know if this IS possible?
I am having problems with creating Macros anyway and am receiving these messages and can't work out why

antechinus55
23rd March 2006, 10:28 AM
This will not be quite as simple as you imagine. I just had a fiddle in excel for windows and you will need to use ole, as you are opening another application (mail client).
Google excel macros, one of the first entries will be Mr Excel, an excellent resourse. Check the M$ knowledge base, using every keyword you can think of. The trick with the MSKB is to follow the links at the bottom of the articles.
BTW, your first dialog indicates that the code you have written has an error. It has stopped at the error, and if you open up VBA you will be able to see where your error is (it will be highlighted in yellow).

sao

vid
23rd March 2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks for that sao I'll give it a go.

Vid

antechinus55
24th March 2006, 09:34 AM
vid
if I get the time over the weekend I am going to play with excel for a little thing I am doing at work and I will cogitate on your issue.

sao

vid
24th March 2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks Sao,

I appreciate your help.

Vid