PDA

View Full Version : In-ear headphones

cmetom
6th February 2004, 02:17 PM
has anyone tried these? i'm mainly concerned with the comfort factor, as i'm sure their sound quality is good.

if you don't know, they're at the apple store under ipod accessories, called "iPod In-Ear Headphones" and they're 55$ under the edu. discount price.

the_argon
6th February 2004, 02:29 PM
I've heard they're crap... well, no. Apparently the sound quality is excellent but they don't fit in your ear very well, keep falling out.

NOTE: What I have heard only

jameso
7th February 2004, 06:54 AM
As much as i love apple i wouldn't buy there headphones. just person opinion mostly.

jameso

pipsqeek
7th February 2004, 07:59 AM
for the same price you can get nice sounding (almost the best sounding) Seinheisen headphones that are comforable and sound so much better that little in-ear phones.

Steve

mbd
7th February 2004, 08:24 AM
If you're after some serious in-ear headphones rather than cheap ones, check out the range by Etymotic. They're not as well known as sennheiser, but it's pretty damn hard to find any negative reviews of them. I bought a pair a couple of years ago and they're the best I've ever heard. I had to have mine imported from the U.S., but there's a place that sells them in Australia now;

http://www.headphones.com.au

Note that they're not cheap, but you really are getting top quality earphones.

cmetom
7th February 2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Feb 7 2004, 08:59 AM
for the same price you can get nice sounding (almost the best sounding) Seinheisen headphones that are comforable and sound so much better that little in-ear phones.
i have a pair of Sennheiser HD200's already - over-ear ones, that i use as speaker substitutes at night and whatnot (at my computer).

i'm after some good ones for out in the street, walking to/from uni etcetera. i already have a pair of those sony ones that wrap behind your head.. but the clips that go over your ears on them hurt me after even short usage..

the ipod 'phones are annoying in that you can't take them off and hang them around your neck properly (although i do, by crossing the wires up and around my neck!).

the good thing with the ipod ones tho, is that i can (and do) turn them sideways and stick them right into my ears - and whatdoyouknow, cheap in-ear 'phones!!

anyway, thanks rocket. i'll check out that website.

pipsqeek
9th February 2004, 02:10 PM
I hate those wrap around ear phones, hard to wear then confortably with glasses.

I have a pair of Koss in-earphones that I have had for years, 10 nearly, now that I think about it.
I bought then for $50 then. They are heaps loud and quality is superb.

Steve