PDA

View Full Version : Once again proof that Mac's are better than PC's

CyBrTaz
4th October 2004, 08:45 PM
I can across this article tonight once again proving what we already know.
The Article (http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/36964.html)
One thing i didn't know was that the US ARMY are also using Xserves, at least they made one smart move.

p996911turbo
4th October 2004, 10:38 PM
The plural of Mac does not have an apostrophe, and "PC's" is disputed.

Sorry, but a pedant is always a pedant.

pipsqeek
5th October 2004, 02:19 PM
Maybe they got confused with IBM Xservers.

pipsqeek

jobe
6th October 2004, 01:38 AM
wasn't this a news post not too long ago. I bet if you search through the news forum you'll find the slightly more credible article about it... if you care

the_argon
6th October 2004, 01:41 AM
I think it was posted as a headline

Jaymz
7th October 2004, 12:19 AM
He lost me right around the point where he started to drag the RISC vs CISC debate into the conversation (which hasn't been a valid argument since the Pentium Pro, where CISC and RISC got real blurry).

Also, as someone else said in the article, not everyone uses computers for multimedia purposes, either. All this article "proved" is that this guy is just as fanatical as that other lunatic who raved on about the iMac G5 being so crappy because its monitor was such an integral part of the entire computer.

I love Macs as much as the next guy, but I'm not so blind as to consider them to be the perfect computer, suitable for each and every task that one could possibly do on a computer. Otherwise, I still wouldn't be using Linux, OSX, and Windows on a day to day basis - I'd stick with the Mac, and sell off the rest of my machines.