PDA

View Full Version : iWeb question...

melbmac
21st March 2006, 07:31 PM
I recently changed over computers, I published my iWeb site to a folder, now my million dollar questions is how do I get this site back into iWeb so I can edit it?

Hope this is not a stupid question, but I cant see an Import button or anything????

ruegen
21st March 2006, 07:39 PM
~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain

Copy that from the previous Mac to the new one (same location)

melbmac
21st March 2006, 07:50 PM
Erm, I dont have that file?

I get this feeling I am screwed....

mechcon
21st March 2006, 08:08 PM
afraid so, i had the same problem occur to me, i had to redo the site, thankfully im a quick computer user, and the site was exactly back to how i wanted it within an hour

ruegen
21st March 2006, 08:13 PM
Have you erased the previous mac?

melbmac
21st March 2006, 08:23 PM
yeah the previous mac is long gone..

Well at least I have all the edited files backed up and I'm quicker than a lot on the keyboard....

:cry:

spargo
21st March 2006, 08:34 PM
Before sending it to .mac, it might be a good idea to publish it to a local folder as a backup.

I know this is too late for your lost site, but others might read this and cover themselves.

ruegen
21st March 2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by spargo@Mar 21 2006, 08:34 PM
Before sending it to .mac, it might be a good idea to publish it to a local folder as a backup.

I know this is too late for your lost site, but others might read this and cover themselves.
I think a iWeb work project file and an exported site are different.

melbmac
21st March 2006, 08:37 PM
I did publish it to a folder, but that wont go back to iWeb unless I am missing something really obvious?

ruegen
21st March 2006, 08:39 PM
You could download the site if you uploaded it to .mac but that would only be the "exported" site.

melbmac
21st March 2006, 09:06 PM
Nah it's okay, I have got about 80% of it re-done already and I was planning to make some changes anyways...

Learnt this one the hard way...