PDA

View Full Version : iSync that i need some help here

iMamacman
20th March 2006, 06:06 PM
Hi,,,
I just used the "Reset Sync History" option (in iSync 2.1.1 Preferences) and I Don't like what happened!
can i get it back ???

Aa
20th March 2006, 06:12 PM
What happened?

iMamacman
20th March 2006, 06:29 PM
What i did,,,
I Reset Sync history ,, thinking it would erase its connection to my phone (nokia 6600) as i no longer have the phone.
What Happened,,,
When i selected reset in isync preferences it opened iCal and i notice Most of my events & ToDo's appointments etc ,, have All Gone ,, presumably reverted to pre sync ,,, I havnt even looked at my address book stuff yet :(
it all happened pretty quick

godsdice
20th March 2006, 06:48 PM
do you have to have a .mac account to use isync......?

Quamen
20th March 2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by godsdice@Mar 20 2006, 06:48 PM
do you have to have a .mac account to use isync......?
NO.

I use iSync to synchronise my phone (Nokia N70) and my laptop. Works great over bluetooth.

godsdice
21st March 2006, 04:45 PM
i did the reset sync and lost all options on isync.......? what the......?

Aa
21st March 2006, 06:07 PM
Reset sync history eh?

I've never done it but i assume it has done what you say- reverted all addresses and calendars to a pre sync state.

First thing i'd be looking at is my last backup of address book and iCal.
My address book wouldn't be too bad but my iCal would be shot. You do these manually unless you've scheduled them, so no dice if you haven't done one.

Next thing that comes to mind is - does your phone still have al the info on it?
If so then try to toggle the sync preferences to allow all that info back on to the computer. My thoughts are that it should be OK, but i'd do a hunt on apple knowledgebase articles or OSX Hints to see what they have to say first.

good luck, if you haven't already given up.