PDA

View Full Version : new FW case

Asher Tuzza
6th February 2004, 02:42 PM
i opened it and put the dvd burner in about 30 seconds :-)
i was up and running in another few minets
it is crazie easy (especially when you dont use screws...;-)

all in all though i am happy with it - i have the "other case" as well - so probably monday or tuesday ill get arround to taking them both appart and whacking up some pictures of what i did as well as results on the entire exercise :-)

cheers
(ps epowermac did me a good service - thanks guys - even the 'live help' was good)

Disko
6th February 2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah, i ordered a new powerbook carry case from them. It should be arriving soon. :)

They guys at epowermac have been real nice to AppleTalkAU aswell. Kudos to them.

Asher Tuzza
11th February 2004, 03:15 AM
update - so i decided it was time to move from the origional case to the 4bay and do this upgrade - i took out the controller card - and inserted it in the new case - deciding i wanted 2x2 bay cases for the time bing i went and master/slaved the origional multibay case with a singley controller card - discovering this NOT WORKING i have put it back together in its origional form - contacted the manufacture and we THINK the controller boards in this multibay device are not the ones its supposed to ship with - definatly not the ones per the origional configuration - they are looking into it - i have not contacted epowermac with this problem at this time - i will keep using it in the supplied configuration and waiting for the manufacture to work out its oppinion - i have provided them with the relevant SN's etc etc - i have also googled the web and found someone else with the same problem... so i aint alone which is always good news...

cheers
asher

edit: forgot to say - its a DAM NICE CASE and very quite - i have a dvd burner and a large hd in it - it preforms above ad beyond expectations - looking forward to trying a 4x burn soon :-)

decryption
11th February 2004, 07:57 AM
Which model case is it Asher?

Asher Tuzza
20th February 2004, 02:02 AM
fweide525d-2 from memory - its the one with dual bridge board - its still here - i use it - but i have to follow up and find out why the controller boards specified with the case didnt come with it - i was buying the freeking thing for the controllers not for the case...