PDA

View Full Version : HELP: upgrading to 10.3.9 desktop to laptop!

chocho
18th March 2006, 08:45 AM
hi
i have a desktop running 10.3.9 and a power book running 10.3!
is it possible to transfer the upgrade to 10.3.9 from desktop to laptop avoiding the long download (dial up) through software upgrade?

thanks

purana
18th March 2006, 08:55 AM
Did you download the update manually or used system update?

System update can be informed to keep packages it downloads, but this dont happen by default, so if you didn't enable this before using System update, then you will need to enable the option so future use will allow it.

chocho
18th March 2006, 09:11 AM
hi
i haven't downloaded upgrade to laptop yet!
the desktop was upgraded via software update. just thought it would be easy to transfer updated osx files to laptop!? is that possible? have no idea how!
some instructions would be nice.

cheers

purana
18th March 2006, 09:33 AM
As I said, if software update on the desktop wasn't configured to cache/store any downloaded patches, then the patch you downloaded has been removed.

I am sure someone will post some nice instructions, as I am not 100% certain to the location it stores them when the option is enabled.

chocho
18th March 2006, 09:35 AM
thanx purana

vicmeldrew
18th March 2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by purana@Mar 18 2006, 10:33 AM
As I said, if software update on the desktop wasn't configured to cache/store any downloaded patches, then the patch you downloaded has been removed.

I am sure someone will post some nice instructions, as I am not 100% certain to the location it stores them when the option is enabled.
As far as I can work out, you need to choose the "install and keep package" option each time you update.

Software Update > top menu > install > install and keep packages

They are kept in a "packages" folder in library.

Hard Drive > Library > Packages