PDA

View Full Version : X.4 Tiger Inc iLife?

cosmichobo
13th March 2006, 07:06 PM
G'day,

Does the 10.4.3 Tiger Upgrade include all the '06 iLive apps?

cheers

jeremy
13th March 2006, 07:10 PM
I don't think OS X ever includes iLife, though iLife comes with all new macs.

downsys
13th March 2006, 07:10 PM
don't really understand ur question. it's already 10.4.5.

if ur asking the update includes ilife '06 updates, then no. they're seperate.

if ur asking if iLife comes with Tiger install discs, no too.

cosmichobo
13th March 2006, 07:18 PM
jeremy - D'oh, was hoping could score 2 for 1.

downsys - Well, the OS available from AppleStore's Edu deptartment is 10.4.3.

g3monster
13th March 2006, 07:21 PM
I have a set of 10.3.2 retail cds and they have programs like Iphoto Imovie (Not HD) but it doesnt have idvd...IS this a cut down version of Ilife that came with OS 10.3.2 or what??

iSlayer
13th March 2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by g3monster@Mar 13 2006, 08:21 PM
I have a set of 10.3.2 retail cds and they have programs like Iphoto Imovie (Not HD) but it doesnt have idvd...IS this a cut down version of Ilife that came with OS 10.3.2 or what??
they all used to be free downloads and were included with all discs

jeremy
13th March 2006, 07:43 PM
Oh, must have stopped doing it with Tiger then. The version that shipped with Panther would have been prior to iLife '04.

oliyoung
13th March 2006, 08:33 PM
they would have been before the change to iLife being a seperate product. remember that, when iPhoto was still free ? ;)

cosmichobo
13th March 2006, 08:50 PM
It's hard to phrase this without just sounding like a penny pinching bastard... so I'll just come right out and say it...
HOW DARE THEY!? :) Offer up a complete suite of apps to deal with most all the things you'll need, give them to you for free.... then pull the rug out from under you and make you pay for them (if you want newer versions)! Sheesh! I mean, the gall of these people?! What do they think - they're out ot make a profit or something? Apple should be shot. No, the execs should be lined up against a wall and play russian roulette.

iSlayer
13th March 2006, 08:56 PM
well they are all pretty big apps these days and they would be continually developing them so they need to be get some form of income from them to justify the developement costs

I dont think there is a problem with charging for them as the are all quality apps and are easily worth the price tag

g3monster
13th March 2006, 09:03 PM
Um just 1 question about the free versions

Is it legal to upload the free versions of apps like Iphoto and Imovie and let otherpeople download them??

iSlayer
13th March 2006, 09:04 PM
um
depends what the original license said about redistrobution

g3monster
13th March 2006, 09:23 PM
This dosent make any sense!!! When I click the Iphoto.pkg file there is no licence agreement!!!! Does that mean I can copy the software or is it bound by the same agreement as OS X??? But they were free downloads...Doesnt that me they are still free downloads???

iSlayer
13th March 2006, 09:24 PM
try searching trough the apple site and see if you can find the downloads which should have license stuff

my guess would be they wouldnt allow you to redistribute them but who knows

cosmichobo
13th March 2006, 09:27 PM
Can you still download the old versions for free from Apple's website somewhere?

If so, should be ok to upload them. Of course, there's also little point to doing so.

jeremy
13th March 2006, 09:37 PM
The one problem I have with the way they've priced it as a bundle is that if you only use iPhoto then it's a little on the pricey side of things. If on the other hand you are able to get good use out of either iMovie/iDVD or GarageBand then it's no doubt worth the money.

g3monster
13th March 2006, 09:48 PM
Good news guys!!!! If you want to try out the old versions of the I apps(Pre Ilife 04) they are freely downloadable off the apple web site...Thaught some people who would like some insight of how the newer versions will run on their macs would like to try these first!!!