PDA

View Full Version : Is my iBook stuffed up!?

ialienam
8th March 2006, 11:30 PM
I am getting really worried about my ibook, iBook G4 as I just bought it last Oct (or Nov).

A couple of weeks ago, when I was recharging it as usual, as it reached 20% it just stopped there..
Turned green light, then I had to restart my computer, charged again. But it reached around 40%, it stopped again&#33;&#33; Then I had to restart twice to get it going&#33;&#33;&#33;>< It was all good then..

But today, when I close the lid, it wouldn&#39;t go to sleep&#33;&#33;&#33; The Apple logo is still on&#33;&#33;&#33;
Someone said it could be the logic board problem&#33;&#33;&#33; ><

What do you guys think?? It&#39;s not like a constant problem, it still works fine.. It might just work perfect if I took back to store.

btw, I bought it at another AppleCentre, but now it&#39;s a bit too far away for me.. Can I just take it to any Applecentre around my area?? I just want to get everything alright within one year warranty&#33;

tintinaujapon
8th March 2006, 11:51 PM
I&#39;d get it checked out. Sounds like something worthy of concern.

Johnny Appleseed
9th March 2006, 12:25 AM
You can take it to any AppleCentre. And with notebooks it&#39;s worth extending your AppleCare.

ialienam
9th March 2006, 06:47 AM
damn..

Just started my computer, and it would go to sleep when I close it up&#33;&#33;&#33; All work good as new&#33;

Will try the recharge thing again tonight&#33;&#33;

But if it&#39;s like that, would applecentre still have a look at it? (it&#39;s likely it would work if I take it back

Byrd
9th March 2006, 07:54 AM
Reset your power manager - over time, when you frequently charge and discharge your battery, the onboard circuitry can get a little screwy.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449

Before you do this, charge the battery up fully, and use it until it dies - ignore all the "this computer is going to shut down" warnings.

Then, reset the power manager and charge up the battery again.

JB