PDA

View Full Version : Apple I wish i never!

skysa
27th February 2006, 09:53 PM
First I want to say I have always had a apple... From an mac plus to an LC a classic, powerbook 100 a few imac's then a brand new iBook I sold that one for the Powerbook... what a mistake.
I find I am using my parnter's PC laptop more and more, this hurt more than you will know.

28/07/03 Brought PowerBook G4 256MB/40GB/Combo H/G $3618.10 From nextbyte.

18/09/03 Pb taken back to Nextbyte machine starting up intermittently, sometimes not at all, heating up.
They say they replaced the CdRW.

03/12/03 PB taken back to Nextbyte Battery not charging.... only starts when working on the power cord with out battery connected hard drive takes time starting and making a noise.
They replaced the Battery.

PB taken back to next byte . Power adapter wasn't working, Burn marks on the outside of the charger. I gave them the adapter, A few weeks later they had the new adapter, this adapter didnt fit the previous cord, so they found a second hand used old one out the back and gave me that, after I wouldn't leave. Spoke to D about the fact my computer took 30 secs longer to display startup screen, post test is longer and louder than most, Screen resolution changing, heating up. He gave me the apple number and said that it would be better if i took it up with them. Apple 133622. They weren't helpful and told me to take it up with nextbyte I got given 08 83384863 where I spoke to a female who I believed was someone in the management. I lost the name when my computer crashed, we had a very long conversation about my computer and she said that they need to work out what the problem was by trial and error and that they would change the logic board and that would or should fix the problem, if it didn't she would personally make sure that I get a new computer, but she couldn't do anything without letting them first try and fix the problem. So I took it back to nextbyte again. ( this is the only part that i don't have paperwork with her name)

PB Same problems as before slow boot, if at! Freezes and now has video issues now. Taken to Baulkham hills nextbyte as they closed penrith.
s
spoke to service centre they had not had a look yet.

spoke to ken at Baulkham hills gave me number at lane cove 02 94189011 rang and told m would ring me that afternoon.

Spoke to m said he was waiting on the LCD screen, i reminded him to check the other problems like the hard drive when he gets the new screen.

spoke to m waiting on new hard drive and i should have it weds or thurs.

Rang Apple australia spoke to chantel Case number # # She wasnt helpful? What do you Want from us ? Your not going to get a new computer? I replied " i don't want a new computer but I want what I payed for one that works." she asked about who was fixing it and asked me to wait while she rang them, I asked her to ring me back because i couldn't wait... she said that it was hard for her to ring out and to please wait.
She went away then told me that michael had fixed the LCD and was checking the Hard drive, i told her that he had ordered a new one, she told me i misunderstood him i wasnt getting a new drive, i told her i never misunderstood anything, and she was wrong.... she asked me to wait again i told her i couldn't but she just put me on hold anyway.
I had to hang up to take care of my 6 month old son.

Picked up computer again Hills, Then returned it 10 mins later. Due to Physical damage ( what look like scewdriver marks from being pride open) the fact that the case was loose and the bottom was coming apart, cant shut computer. Computer had been reset everything lost, they down graded my software to 10.3.5 (don't believe it was a new hard drive) P took my computer out the back to show K the damage they agreed that it wasn't good enough.
Paul rang M and it was sent back.

Spoke to m told me that he was having trouble ordering the case from apple because they couldnt see how that would ever need to be replaced by warranty.

my parnter picked up the pb from Bhills and checked the pb there rang me because the case still didnt close. he showed them and they said it could be fix under warranty but they would have to send it back to lane cove. I asked him to bring it home because this was a joke and was going to seek advice.

sent a log of claims to nextbyte , no repy.

powerbook case doesn't close and disk drive won't accept cd's its like something is stopping it.
Trackpad feels strange and doesnt work all the time. (They Changed this)
Computer is ever so slow.
sometimes I have to force quit programs.

I am hoping someone can give me some advice?

designers_hub
27th February 2006, 09:58 PM
they are just stalling you so your warranty period ends

Mohawk
27th February 2006, 10:01 PM
... wow

I would say that this could happen with any laptop (and it can) but this is a case in its own.

Like Designers_Hub said, demand a replacement

(p.s, damn your fast with your replies) :lol:

sjobs
27th February 2006, 10:05 PM
Shocking. I've had my own share of BS from AppleCentres. Suffice to say, it doesn't inspire confidence at all. Makes me almost never want to buy another apple product... ever.

ps. demand a replacement from apple.

Failing that. Seek legal advice. :)

danno74
27th February 2006, 10:07 PM
You will have to start threatening them with legal action and consumer affairs to get them to act on a replacement machine... and mean it. Make the demand, put it in an email or something (so you have written proof of time and date) and if nothing happens within 1 week, call consumer affairs with all of your details, as you've posted them here.

That kind of crappy service (or lack thereof) shouldn't be tolerated and your machine is a dud - it will need to be replaced.

They gave me the runaround last year too, and you should have seen how quickly they responded once I mentioned Consumer Affairs.

froggy
27th February 2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by designers_hub@Feb 27 2006, 09:58 PM
they are just stalling you so your warranty period ends
IF that is what they are doing, I doubt that it would work for them. I'm almost certain that if an issue is raised under warranty, the company is obliged to fix it.

There was an article in The Age last week or the week before where a customer had issues with Apple not fixing or replacing the customer's computer. The Age asked for people to come forward and let them take up the case with Apple.

I'll see if I can find that article for you!

Cheers,
Andrew

skysa
27th February 2006, 10:12 PM
That would be great Andrew! I have also written too APCmag hoping that the watchdog will help.

froggy
27th February 2006, 10:18 PM
Hi skysa

I found the article. Not happy reading for Apple fans :(

Read the article on line here (http://www.theage.com.au/news/troubleshooter/gaps-in-notebook/2006/02/15/1139890778820.html).

I hope that you can get some satisfaction. Soon!

Cheers,
Andrew

SRG
27th February 2006, 10:25 PM
I'd read the news story on the front page of the site about the woman with the Ipod.

She went the offical route and got a new one.

Have to say Apple are just plain terrible in this country for this.

Some will recall I had to write to Steve Jobs (yeah I know he never read it for the record steve@apple.com) to get a delivery date after surprise Next Byte couldn't tell me after near 6 weeks where it was or when it was coming. Sent it overnight and got a call form a girl at Apple Australia the next morning telling me it would be in the next day!

skysa
27th February 2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks I sent off the little story, hopefully it will help.

I spoke to fair trading about this issue, they said at very least I could get time added on to my warranty for all the time they had it under repair. I just have to get the paperwork in. My 10 month old son makes that harder... :)

Rayd
27th February 2006, 10:34 PM
this might just over take the leader board "the iBook saga" is now at no. 2 :P

macmate
27th February 2006, 10:34 PM
consumer law is clear on this. it didn't sdo as advertised from early on and for a reasonable amount of time. You get your money back in this case regardless of whether its under warranty or not..

If you call apple they will do something about it (ie give you a new machine). don't threaten them with all that because it will just make dealing with them harder. ring customer care and you will see that they aren't that bad to deal with if you both work together to resolve the issue.

Ric

skysa
27th February 2006, 10:41 PM
Customer care at apple sucked just as much as nextbyte.... in fact they were worse. They seem to think that I was making a big deal about my computer because I wanted a superdrive... :(

macmate
27th February 2006, 10:48 PM
i have never had an issue when actually communicating all the issues in the right way. ask for the persons email address and email what you posted here to them. they will then right nextbyte and get the service forms to hopefully line up with your story and then get things going to fix things.

i am going through 3 of similar cases as we speak.

ric

skysa
27th February 2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks Ric I will try and see how I go, at the moment I will try it all. :)

froggy
27th February 2006, 11:00 PM
sky,

I'm with Ric on this issue. Threatening them/someone is just that. Threatening. And most people become defensive when threatened. Use all of your charm, I reckon!

Cheers,
Andrew

skysa
27th February 2006, 11:11 PM
Lol I have to laugh.... :) Im someone who has a faulty computer still after being fixed several times. The pb still doesn't close and is slow on start up and hangs several times having to be forced to quit and i can't use the cd because i'm not sure it will com back out. Does this sound like someone who has been threatening?

Johnny Appleseed
27th February 2006, 11:15 PM
It's good you've kept a diary of all your dealings with them. That will strengthen your case.

froggy
27th February 2006, 11:20 PM
No, it doesn't sound like you have been. I was, and I think, without trying to put words into his mouth, that Ric was, too, responding to what danno said earlier.

I agree that it is good that you have everything documented! I should learn from you!

Cheers,
Andrew

skysa
27th February 2006, 11:31 PM
goodnight all and thankyou all for your insightful help! :)

I will keep you all updated.....

Thanks Andrew.

Pismo
28th February 2006, 12:03 AM
My 2 cents worth
Ring up Apple and tell them you may have to take your problem to media eg: current afair,
it might put the wind up them

chocho
28th February 2006, 06:12 AM
hey
there is this wonderful website that looks after consumers!

www.notgoodenough.com.au

check it out, might be of some help to you.

hope you get a "NEW" pb soon!

:)

mechcon
28th February 2006, 06:26 AM
if you still got the powerbook? interested in selling it as is? :)

seriously though, I've read that the albooks in that year of build were mighty dodgy, I have academic staff bringing in their powerbooks to me (all sizes) and i drool at the 17" too.. but point is, they had intermittent problems of sorts.

all got repaired by a different contact that my i.t. supervisor (at the time) but im using a nextbyte store where i got my own powerbook from. They dont fuck with me :)

If I however was in that situation, I would most definately make the loudest noise (and bring in consumer affairs on this). and any conversations from apple, either record, or demand on paper, as call centres from what i gather from bigwig companies, have to put everything down on paper or the computer (not every word in the conversation, but the key notes).

mvjs
28th February 2006, 06:33 AM
You know what we need?

A quality service department - such as an Apple Store, it's only a matter of time to this will all be behind us

skysa
28th February 2006, 02:44 PM
How much Mechcon?? :) :P

mechcon
28th February 2006, 03:19 PM
pm me your offer and current problems/state that it's in please

Disko
28th February 2006, 03:30 PM
I'd delay selling it if you can. It's a clear warranty job, and you can get either a new machine or a 100% refurbished one. Just keep ringing, keep working at it, and keep updating us here with how you go.

pipsqeek
28th February 2006, 04:33 PM
Sounds like the iBook parts I once had ended up in your machine. :P Just kidding.

Best thing to do is act cool about the whole thing. Be as calm as possible, let them blow up in the end.

Have you read my iBook saga? It's a good read, with world status. :D

Just forget about dealing with the shop, go straight to Apple Australia's Customer Relations person, and talk to them about it. Get their fax number, then send off a letter regarding your situation, as well as copies of all the receipts of repair work that has been done.

pips

skysa
28th February 2006, 08:23 PM
Pipsqeek, just checked out your little saga! wow.... I think you might find it funny that I was advised to talk to an angie at customer relations apple. I ended talking to stephine? Who was the one that said "what do you want from us? you won't get a new computer?

After my conversation with her I have doubts that the things they say were changed had been esp the new hard drive?? I think they clean wiped it? ( mind you they didnt do a back up and because i didnt ask them or give them 110$ they take no responsibly. needless to say i lost everthing) I have no proof that it was changed or just wiped.

dogmatic
1st March 2006, 11:17 AM
I feel for ya

Went through hell myself recently... (http://forums.appletalk.com.au/index.php?showtopic=15320)

oliyoung
1st March 2006, 11:20 AM
i feel your pain, i had a 6 month battle with NextByte over a repair to my iBook - just keep battling ..

philB
1st March 2006, 12:45 PM
Australian Consumer Laws basically state that it is illegal to sell something that does not do or cannot be used for the purpose that the vendor claims. Quite clearly your computer does not live up to the manufacturer or vendor's claims.
Stop talking to Apple or Next Byte you are wasting your energy and time. Go here <<http://www.consumersonline.gov.au/ >> and use their facilities. My experience is once first contact is made through Consumer Affairs someone at Apple or Nextbyte will jump and contact you and resolve the issue quickly.
I must also say that back in the days of the "Buzzle" saga I had a problem and the folks at Apple headquarters lent me a brand new replacement computer whilst mine was being repaired. I didn&#39;t have to go through the crap you went through, they just offered it. I now own 5 Macs. I also pay a little more and buy from a small store run by a family who care about my business. I don&#39;t think the cheapest price is always the best deal

skysa
1st March 2006, 10:03 PM
My problem is that I have had the computer since July 2003, yes my problems did start shorty after in Nov 2003, I think that i was silly to believe that they would fix it the first time.
Today I spoke with the head office At nextbyte in S.A about a refund, I made it very clear that I want a refund and that I have already spoken to Fair trading in this matter. They said that someone that can agree to this will ring me this afternoon.... surprise I&#39;m still waiting.

Also I didn&#39;t think that &#036;3700 was really go cheap for a standard g4 powerbook. I brought my first mac through Computer lighthouse at penrith N.S.W, which were the best apple centre... when they sold, well let me say no more because it was long before nextbyte came along and WoW penrith has no apple centre anymore.

skysa
2nd March 2006, 12:58 PM
Yesterday my pb frose and I had to remove all power supply to get it started again now, when started it plays a long bip sound says its starting Mac osx then gos no futher can someone help? ideas?

mechcon
2nd March 2006, 02:43 PM
if you can, get a program called AppleJack off the macupdate.com site. its a unix script you run in single user mode (hold down apple-S during, just after the startup chime)

froggy
2nd March 2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by mechcon@Mar 2 2006, 02:43 PM
if you can, get a program called AppleJack off the macupdate.com site. its a unix script you run in single user mode (hold down apple-S during, just after the startup chime)
What does it do?

Currawong
2nd March 2006, 05:08 PM
Reading your original saga, the computer was repair under warranty in 2004, after which, it worked fine for 17 months. Late last year, it developed a fault, so you took it in for repair.

The tech&#39;s damaged your computer, and so rightfully should repair the damage they did.

09/11/05 Spoke to michael told me that he was having trouble ordering the case from apple because they couldnt see how that would ever need to be replaced by warranty.

They have told a lie to Apple&#33; The replacement of the case is due to the techs damaging it, but they&#39;ve claimed it as a warranty repair&#33; So, what&#39;s happening here is that Nextbyte owe you a new case, but are doing the dodgy&#33;

New computer my foot&#33; Nextbyte owes you, not Apple&#33; The computer is reasonably being repaired under extended Apple warranty, but now Nextbyte should be paying for a new case for it since they damaged it.

Are we clear? Nextbyte is not Apple&#33;

skysa
2nd March 2006, 07:05 PM
You dont need too be so clear with nextbyte not being apple, i&#39;m sure anyone with a brain is a aware of that. Or at least most Apple fans.

I wish that the case is the main concern of my problem, but that is only a small upset that has just made me more likely to move to the dark side.... it is some sort of internal problem that makes it Let me be clear with this NOT work and please correct me if i&#39;m wrong but its apple that put the books together. My only fault was letting them try and fix it instead of asking for a refund then or a new computer. Oh and the 17 months of working I wouldn&#39;t say that it was working only just that I put up with the slow starts the constant rebooting and the hanging. The part that is my fault is I took so long get upset enough to tell them what I want&#33; And this includes APPLE. Ohhh I forgot I have a ten month old son so any person that has had 9 months of hanging their heads over the toilet trying to do shift work and a horrof labour, then spending the next ten months with a new born knows how hard it is to try and chase up repairs on a computer, having to travel more then 40 mins a trip to the shop and then 40 mins home ( because yet another apple centre has closed) Oh hold on Some lovely person did say I could send it to them, but once again anyone can tell you that money and newborn well need I say more.

eroda
2nd March 2006, 08:21 PM
skysa a friend of mine works @ apple

"******: to ring 133622...push 9
******: and to talk to Ben Nurmi
******: and he&#39;ll try and sort it out...."

if you ring after 11am NSW time you should be able to talk to him (just hold untill you can)

Currawong
3rd March 2006, 08:12 PM
You dont need too be so clear with nextbyte not being apple, i&#39;m sure anyone with a brain is a aware of that. Or at least most Apple fans.
I&#39;ve found considerable numbers of people to not realise that Apple Centres aren&#39;t run by Apple.

My sympathies for the life dramas - my sister-in-law just had a baby a few days ago. Ultimately, you shouldn&#39;t have put up with the problems. I think leaving that 17 month gap is going to make it hard for you to get anything more than more repairs.

skysa
11th June 2006, 11:45 PM
Hi all,
thursday is the day that i sit down with fair trading and nextbyte..... wish me luck&#33;

maclover
11th June 2006, 11:58 PM
Hope it all turns out ok&#33;

Good Luck:)

applecollector
12th June 2006, 12:03 AM
good luck&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

nicwithsticks
12th June 2006, 12:06 AM
Good luck, mate.

After reading all of this I&#39;m interested to see how it pans out.

I hope it goes in your favour.

froggy
12th June 2006, 12:21 AM
Hi skysa,

Hope that it all goes smoothly&#33;

Keep us informed :)

Cheers,
Andrew

skysa
12th June 2006, 12:58 AM
Just thought I would you know that apple rang me the other day, and offered me a payed upgrade ( They give me a new computer I pay the difference...&#036;2000) Or once again they will try and fix it under warranty.
They are not willing to do anything else. They can&#39;t believe that some one would put up with so many problems over such a long period of time. I then said I really thought you would just fix it&#33; and this is the not the first time I have asked for a new computer... so now tell nextbyte I will see them at the dept of fair trading they can try to fix the problem and I want my full refund instead... Is this what you think I should have done in the first few weeks of owning my new Lemon&#33;

All I can say is if your new computer brakes down DO NOT give them any more then 2 chances to fix it.
Someone once made it clear to me that apple and nextbyte were not the same company (as we all know.) I contacted nextbyte, apple contacted me..... I still haven&#39;t heard from nextbtye.......

Currawong
12th June 2006, 08:52 AM
My understanding is that Apple have as big a problem with resellers and authorised repairers as customers do.

nbetts
12th June 2006, 10:47 AM
You can really stick to your guns here. They a required by law to give you a brand new machine or to give you your money back if the machine is defective.

My understanding is Apple hold the consumer protection laws here in quite a bit of contempt because they dont like them. There have been numerous cases where they have tried to flout laws regarding refunds and or replacements.

it really bugs me when companies are happy to take your money then hold no responsibility for a defective product.

I bet if you said "Ok i will throw this one in the bin and will buy a new product" they will fall over themselves to take the money again.

thorevenge
12th June 2006, 11:17 AM
I remember when the logic board in my iBook G4 died. I went in to the Apple Centre and asked to get it fixed. I thought my warranty had expired (wasn&#39;t all that sure, education machine), so I mentioned the hard drive was doing funny things and that the video seemed screwy. I was gonna be up for any replacement charges (I thought).

They checked the machine, found the hard drive faulty, said "Oh yeah, its education warranty. No charge." Great I thought. Got the machine back 2 days later. Still the same problem. Took it back. "It must be the logic board." "Sure okay." They tested it and what do you know?

My problem with this? They could have checked my warranty status when I dropped it off. Secondly, they could have been a little more thorough with regards to their hardware testing - I got the machine back after 8 weeks before it was fully working again. I waited 4 weeks to be told it was the hard drive and here&#39;s a new one, and another 4 weeks to be told it was the logic board, which was my suspicion all along.

My motto with Apple repairers is research it and narrow it down as much as possible, then walk in, say "Its this. Fix it." They will look at what you say it is. Then mention to them, "Can you please check that everything else is working." Leave discs there if you have to so they can load the system onto it and make sure it works.

From another thread, I mentioned my iMac G5 went in for a new logic board. They didn&#39;t replace the Airport Extreme card properly - was hanging just loose. I panicked and abused, no profanity just loudly, and managed to get it back okay, but I didn&#39;t have it for over a month.

The moral of the story, be an asshole and a nazi about your repairs&#33;

BiRDBRAiN
12th June 2006, 04:15 PM
You don&#39;t have to be an asshole if you have a repairer you trust.

While GreenBanana and I have had various issues with the three powerbooks we have owned over the last year or so, we haven&#39;t had to pull teeth to get things fixed. We have a good relationship with our repairer (Macmate - highly recommended) and thus we don&#39;t need to get nasty.

The technicians are the problem. If they stuff up, and are continually unreliable, then go to another repairer, you don&#39;t have to go back to the same store you purchased the machine from.

Also, while the people who do have these sagas have my complete sympathy, this is not the experience as a whole that Australia has with their Apple hardware.

thorevenge
12th June 2006, 04:25 PM
I&#39;ll agree with you Birdbrain.

I have just found that being firm and knowing what is wrong saves me a lot of time and hassle. I am very thankful that Apple&#39;s website has the excellent troubleshooting pages it does. It enabled me to determine what had died on my iMac.

It&#39;s simple things like not lodging the Airport card back, ringing up and being told, "Bring it back in. We might be able to get to it today..." that annoys me. Further being told "Oh no, don&#39;t open it up to see if the card is missing, bring it back," further doesn&#39;t inspire hope.

Still, everything is fixed and now I am happy :)&#33;

Fuji
12th June 2006, 06:05 PM
Two words will solve the problem for you.

CONSUMER AFFAIRS

froggy
12th June 2006, 06:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fuji &#064; Jun 12 2006, 06&#58;05 PM) 182851</div>

Two words will solve the problem for you.

CONSUMER AFFAIRS
[/b]Unfortunately, I don&#39;t think that those two words have. skysa is meeting with Dept of Fair Trading and Nextbyte on Thursday. Dept Fair Trading IS consumer affairs here in NSW

Cheers,
Andrew

skysa
12th June 2006, 11:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiRDBRAiN &#064; Jun 12 2006, 04&#58;15 PM) 182817</div>

You don&#39;t have to be an asshole if you have a repairer you trust.

The technicians are the problem. If they stuff up, and are continually unreliable, then go to another repairer, you don&#39;t have to go back to the same store you purchased the machine from.

Also, while the people who do have these sagas have my complete sympathy, this is not the experience as a whole that Australia has with their Apple hardware.
[/b]

I agree to some degree, I have had many mac&#39;s over the years and I have never had any any major troubles, I remember an imac grape that I had it come up with a fault major.... I thought it would cost me big money to repair&#33; applecentre penrith (not there anymore) said it was a fault of apple and they fixed it for nothing ... I wish I had kept my ibook instead of swapping over to the powerbook.

Then I think of just lately send my powerbook away to be fixed once again, when I get it back months later it looked like they opened it with a screwdriver. You could see the bends in the joins of the case.... and the case was scratched and hanging off. All the tech&#39;s could say is it must of happen in transport.
what do you do....... I am hoping for a fair go and it to be all worked out on thursday.

skysa
22nd June 2006, 11:10 PM
Update.....

some might remember me thinking that last thurs I was heading to fair trading...
Well today was the right thurs&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :)

So today I sat down with a rep from the company, no directors they were at the world cup germany..... so we were told. It was so nice to talk to someone instead of over the phone.

Well lots of things were said on both sides each one being careful not to lay blame. Exp the fact they thought apple should be put on the order.
We couldn&#39;t come to agreement so it has to be heard again, after they get to look at the claim I have and the paper work I have.

I was offered 1/ fix my faulty computer once again and 12 months warranty( the three year warranty has really helped me so far)
2/ A paid upgrade where i pay 2000+

At first he said thats all he could offer, then after some time of listening to me he asked would I be interested in a 2nd hand fire sale computer? the next gen from mine. with 12 months warranty.

I thanked him then said i would have to let the tribual chose what they think is right.

I am thinking one very least they order fix my computer/ or refund best case.

I&#39;m interested if anyone thinks im being unreasonable?

pipsqeek
22nd June 2006, 11:48 PM
With my iBook saga. I had to get Consumer Afairs, ACCC and a solicitor as well as sending the letter to Apple USA (not sure if it got read), never receiving a reply.

But in the end. I got the new iBook that hasn&#39;t missed a beat. lucky for them&#33; The iBook is now for sale. :)

froggy
23rd June 2006, 05:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skysa &#064; Jun 22 2006, 11&#58;10 PM) 187477</div>

some might remember me thinking that last thurs I was heading to fair trading...
Well today was the right thurs&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :)[/b]Glad that you got the right Thursday, skysa&#33; I was wondering what had happened.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skysa &#064; Jun 22 2006, 11&#58;10 PM) 187477</div>
after some time of listening to me he asked would I be interested in a 2nd hand fire sale computer? the next gen from mine. with 12 months warranty.

I&#39;m interested if anyone thinks im being unreasonable?
[/b]
I don&#39;t think that you have been unreasonable. I would, however, give that final offer some serious thought.

Cheers,
Andrew

mechcon
23rd June 2006, 07:21 AM
Its so sad to see this pop up so frequently, what about people with happy/successful stories with repairs? are there any?

Also, why doesn&#39;t consumer affairs/ombuddsman/fair trade just do one major investigation on apple as well as applecentres in australia, to make it 1st class?

Granted I&#39;m sure not all applecentres are this bad

hawker
23rd June 2006, 07:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Currawong &#064; Jun 12 2006, 08&#58;22 AM) 182721</div>

My understanding is that Apple have as big a problem with resellers and authorised repairers as customers do.
[/b]

Currawong they treat both like COMPLETE SHIT - as a reseller /tech you ring the same fricken number as everyone else, you sit in the same crappy queue, you get treated like a complete retard, lied to over and over again - Apple are usually at fault, well they are when its a decent reseller.

When we have to call Apple in the office, you&#39;ll often here one of us say "Do we have to, I&#39;d rather go out the back and shoot myself"...

However, I fully agree with your call, it is NextByte they should be paying up, they stuffed up and are doing the dodgy :) If they were smart, they&#39;d just buy you a new machine, and get over it, save a lot of money and hassle. The delay in faults (17 months) won&#39;t help your case with Apple&#33;

froggy
23rd June 2006, 08:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawker &#064; Jun 23 2006, 07&#58;30 AM) 187558</div>
If they were smart, they&#39;d just buy you a new machine, and get over it, save a lot of money and hassle.[/b]
And customer goodwill&#33;

cheers,
Andrew

skysa
26th August 2006, 06:46 PM
Hi all,

As some might remember I went to Department of Fair trading yet again last week.

It was adjourned for another couple of weeks; they asked me what I wanted to achieve.
I said I was asking for money back.
They asked me to consider that I have had the computer for 3 years; I stated that it had never worked and I had given them up to 3 years to fix the problems and they still haven’t.
It was adjourned so I could get an independent statement that the computer wasn’t of “merchantable quality” I said I believed I could do this.
But first they had to get the computer back to me “At their cost”.
They stated they hadn’t fixed the computer it was siting in locked storage cage, waiting further instruction.
So now I receive my PB and it looks like a brand new computer.
- new LCD screen
- new case top/bottom
- Has to have a new combo drive/ as cd’s don’t stick now.
- New keyboard
- Wiped hard drive….(lost everything)
If I didn’t know better I would say that the only part of the computer that is mine is the little removable Lego type part that has the original s/number.
Mind you even now they didn’t put it back together right as when the fan kicks in….. It sounds like a mini whipper snipper in the computer.

I have two questions now?
-who does independent quotes on apple computers?
-any ideas how I can show that this isn’t my computer?

Sky
:cry:

Wally
26th August 2006, 07:59 PM
You cant blame apple for this..

Its the AppleCare centres problem.

If you have proof of purchase, such as a serial number etc.
Check if they match, if they dont then bingo..

Otherwise show photographic evidence (Probably wont work but then)

if this is the case, take it to an AppleCare dude who visits this forum, should work out better.