PDA

View Full Version : Development Apps

Jmi
24th September 2004, 03:19 PM
mySQL
I was going through mySQL and I am confused about the number of versions they got
I was looking at CompleteMySQL but the version there is 4.0.15 while the latest mySQL 4.0 version is 4.0.21.

Besides these, there are mySQL 4.0 and there is a mySQL 4.1 releases and mySQL 5.0a release. getting the 5.0a version is not needed but should I get 4.1 version?

Also, I would like to have a GUI client for mySQL.. Any suggestions??
I had a hard time trying to find a way to completely uninstall mySQL 4.0.21 from my mac. itchy fingers made me install it but I sort of wanna remove it.

Apache
Is Apache 2.0 comes preinstalled in OS X Panther?? or do I have to download it.
Is there any GUI client for it as well??

Mono
Anyone here tried mono before?? If so, can you enlighten me on the installation?

Cam
24th September 2004, 05:55 PM
Apache2 was not included with OS X. The version is 1.x.x something im not sure. PHP4 is included but disabled by default.

MySQL can be downloaded from mysql.com. A nice interface called CocoaMySQL is great for editing databases.

purana
24th September 2004, 11:03 PM
Apache included in OSX is 1.3.x

mySQL rocks and so does PHP. All of which I have used/coded in so long ago... back on linux :)

Currawong
25th September 2004, 07:53 AM
SQLGrinder is the client interface you want for MySQL. Otherwise, something like phpMyAdmin is a very good web interface for MySQL.