PDA

View Full Version : Airport express

maristotle
24th February 2006, 12:00 PM
I just moved to Australia from Canada with an airport express. I've signed up for Optus DSL, which works fine when plugged via ethernet directly into my computer. however, once i try to run it through the airport express, i get problems.

As soon as i plug in the ethernet to the AX, a message comes up and that say IP configuration (lists IP) in use by 00:11:24:eb:3b:24 DHCP server 10.1.1.1 When this occurs it knocks out my iTunes connection, and prevents the airport from being found by either AP Admin, or AP setup.

In Canada and the US i've just plugged in any ethernet cable and it's sent out the wireless signal. Any ideas as to why I'm having so many issues here? Help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd rather not have to sit within 2 feet of my modem for the rest of the year. Thanks.

jeremy_warnock
24th February 2006, 12:57 PM
sound like 2 nics with the same ip address - set your machine either manually or renew the ip address

sikosis
24th February 2006, 04:11 PM
yeh it sounds like the IP's are conflicting ... just change to a different subnet in the Airport Express ...

rob05
24th February 2006, 04:19 PM
You will need to reset the airport express and set it up for australia and optus

If you need help with this I can help out as I have also got an Airport express nd use Optus as my ISP

It will only take approx 5 mins

PM or email or check ichat for rob_06@mac.com

This is so easy

Rob