PDA

View Full Version : Router problem

leongt
22nd September 2004, 02:56 PM
at the moment I have my son's Imac 233 and my PC connected up to a billion modem router and every time he wantes to start his computer he has too unplug the cat cabel to start his machine or all he gets is a grey screen and thats as far as it go's, what would stop his Imac from booting up as I don't know much about apple systems, he's useing OS 9.2 any help would be great becouse he say's it's a pain unpluging then pluging the cabel all the time{ which I can undersand see's how his computer desk is as untide as his room}.

stooge
22nd September 2004, 03:42 PM
What type of billion modem is it ?

Does the mac hang when trying to hook up to a pc ?

Do you know if the router is configured for dhcp ?

Some of the "classic' macs had some issue with dhcp

leongt
24th September 2004, 02:24 PM
it's a billian 5100 and the mac will boot ok if you wait untill the little startup icon comes on the screen before pluging the cat cable in or just wait untill it has finished booting but not before or it just get's to a grey screen and that's it and you have to unplug the cable and reboot, and it's not hooking up to the pc at all it just connects to the net by its self I don't even have to have my pc turned on for it to connect, so the pc has nothing to do with the problem.