PDA

View Full Version : Macbook pro delivered

jerrah
22nd February 2006, 05:58 PM
Macbook Pro has arrived in America. (http://web.mac.com/givens/iWeb/Site/MacBook/MacBook.html)

Hopefully we'll see some good reviews and user reports now. :) :) :)

I'm hoping to order one soon.

jeremy_warnock
22nd February 2006, 06:13 PM
hopefully - exceptt what I read today battery life is bad, around 3 hrs - but the writter did say that its likely the battery life will inprove with a few cycles

edit:im a crap speller

jerrah
22nd February 2006, 06:22 PM
In the link I posted the guy said the battery didn't charge at all. Where did you see it was 3 hours?

salamagd
22nd February 2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah, if you've been following the Apple Discussion forums, there have been quite a large number of Macbooks arriving to many US customers over the last 48 hour period.

Re battery life, this was found on another forum:

'5 hours 39 minutes illumination lowest, low CPU performance, WLAN deactivated, Bluetooth deact.

4 hours 23 minutes illumination medium, low CPU performance, WLAN activated, Bluetooth act.

3 hours 36 minutes illumination high, high CPU performance, WLAN activated, Bluetooth act.'

jerrah
22nd February 2006, 07:45 PM
That sounds perfectly acceptable to me. :thumbup:

tommelbourne
22nd February 2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah, sounds pretty darned good to me!

The Fluffy Duck
22nd February 2006, 08:24 PM
What is normal battery discarge for a current g4 powerbook with everything on full?

I have an ibook and it lasts 4-5 hours :)

visional_studios
22nd February 2006, 08:51 PM
That is quite good. Well anything seems good by my comparison, I currently have a Toshiba Pentium 4 3.2ghz laptop that I use (it is a piece of shit), battery is gone within 50 minutes at idle. I still need a PC alongside my mac though, if only Avid would release Softimage for OSX!!!