PDA

View Full Version : Skywalker question

carsonstarwalker
20th February 2006, 01:15 PM
I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION.

I BOUGHT AN IBOOK G4, FROM AN APPROVED APPLE DEALER IN MELBOURNE, IN JANUARY. IT HAD 3 MONTHS WARRANTY FROM THAT DATE.

I'VE ONLY HAD A CHANCE TO USE IT A COUPLE OF TIMES, BUT ON BOTH OCCASIONS HAVE NOTICED THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ONE OF THE KEYS ON THE KEYBOARD. THE 'S' KEY.

PRESS ANY KEY AROUND IT, AND IT'LL ENTER AN 'S' - SOMETIMES MULTIPLE TIMES.

a real problem with entering passwords because it'll add like 3 S's to the end of your password - hence, getting locked out. GRR.

IS THIS 'KEY' PROBLEM A BIG PROBLEM? IS IT AN EASY-FIX? OR HAVE I BOUGHT A PLUM?

SKYWALKER.

Disko
20th February 2006, 01:22 PM
Use the force carson, not the caps-lock key.

Take it back to where you bought it and show them the issue. They should be able to let you know what the score is.

cosmichobo
20th February 2006, 01:36 PM
Am not hugely up to date on ibooks etc, but don't imagine at worst it could be much more than a keyboard issue, fairly easily fixable by swapping it for a new one, under warranty...

jeremy_warnock
20th February 2006, 02:16 PM
pop the key off - could be as simple as something cought under it - Ive seen it quite a few times on normal keyboards

iMick
20th February 2006, 02:24 PM
awww where's the starwars question?

feeze
20th February 2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by iMick@Feb 20 2006, 02:24 PM
awww where's the starwars question?
It think the carsonstarwalker was talking about himself in third person. He did sign his post SKYWALKER.

iMick
20th February 2006, 03:00 PM
ahhhh I see, though my question still stands :)

Muzza_77
20th February 2006, 03:08 PM
He he trys and fixes it himself by popping the keys off won't he void the warranty?

carsonstarwalker
20th February 2006, 03:42 PM
yeah didn't want to touch it, just in case they say i've been toying with it...

i'll take it back to the dealer this week and ask him to look at it.

oh, a dtar wars question?

Q. Name an actor from the original trilogy that played more than 1 character in the series?

sikosis
20th February 2006, 04:00 PM
I find his lack of faith disturbing ... :rolleyes:

ummm is it Kenny Baker ? I seem to remember he doubled for some Ewoks ...

carsonstarwalker
20th February 2006, 05:35 PM
was thinking more warwick davis.....but you're right, kenny baker did too!

still having this troubssse with the laptops, as you can see it just automatsically enters "s" when you leasst need it too..

so annoying....

only used this laptop like three times.

spargo
20th February 2006, 05:53 PM
wow, that's no good. I see it is also entering 's' characters into words that don't normally contain the letter..

troubssse indeed!!

sikosis
21st February 2006, 10:44 AM
sounds like it has the Jar Jar virus :o ... no that is bad indeed. Back to the shop ...

Ozi
21st February 2006, 11:38 AM
If you bring it into my Apple centre in I can replace the key and the key mechanism on the keyboard for free, which may fix it.

Hope this helpsss.