PDA

View Full Version : iSync Problems

msilsby
18th February 2006, 11:34 PM
Howdy all.

Wondering if any of you bright sparks out there have come across the following.

Ever since I updated to 10.4.4, I have been unable to use isync, to the extent that when I open the .mac preferences, and click on the isync tab, i get the following message " Sync Unavailable, An unknown error occurred while performing a sync operation. Please check your account and network settings, then try again."

Bloody frustrating! I am yet to find a way around it. One way I have tried is to re-install isync. This hasn't worked, however, as when you try to install the latest version available via the Apple downloads site (2.1), I get an error message advising me that a newer version has already been installed.

When I get info on isync, lo and behold, version 2.1.1 is installed. I am thinking that it must be something to do with 10.4.4 as it stopped working about the time I updated.

The other thing is that when I view the isync package contents, the plugins folder is empty (usually has quite a bit in it)

I have noticed that there are quite a few other posts in the apple discussions isync pages (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=313145&tstart=0) about this problem, so it appears that it is not a minor one.

Anyone got any ideas?