PDA

View Full Version : Apple Promotions

frenchtoast
20th September 2004, 08:27 PM
In the case of anyone having visited the Apple store lately and browsed through the Apple Promotions. ie Work to your own beat, Sweat deal on .Mac, etc, you will notice that most if not all of these promotions are ending on the 24th of September. So in a few days we will see either new promotions come up, or a brief period of roughly 2 weeks of no promotions then the new ones up (as has been done previously).

Which brings me to a point, or rather a question.

What kind of promotions do people think will come out in a few weeks time?

Disko
20th September 2004, 08:31 PM
Or what products are apple trying to clear old stocks of with these promotions? ;)

Maybe .mac is getting a long needed update?

frenchtoast
20th September 2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Sep 20 2004, 08:31 PM
Or what products are apple trying to clear old stocks of with these promotions? ;)

Maybe .mac is getting a long needed update?
Good point. So how long has the current version of iLife been out? Could that get an upgrade as well?

decryption
20th September 2004, 10:32 PM
iLife hasn't been out long, only a few months. Any updates to those would be point revisions, not full major revisions.

I reckon they'd be clearing out some eMacs soon, they're the oldest product around if I recall correctly.

markh
22nd September 2004, 08:51 AM
I'm wondering why they're giving away mini ipod docks with applecare.. maybe a new dock is on the way.. may something todo with airtunes would be nice.. ;-)

frenchtoast
22nd September 2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by markh@Sep 22 2004, 08:51 AM
I'm wondering why they're giving away mini ipod docks with applecare.. maybe a new dock is on the way.. may something todo with airtunes would be nice.. ;-)
I'd say it would possibly be the amount of people who complained about not getting a dock or remote with their iPod mini or 4th gen iPod, that would have been the reason they offered it with the iPod applecare. Also the fact of promoting applecare for iPod, remember the whole 'battery' incedent a few months ago.