PDA

View Full Version : Firefox vs Safari

Disko
20th September 2004, 02:06 PM
Read this before you vote
Firefox has released a new version recently, which adds more features etc.
you can download it from here (http://www.mozilla.org/).

Which browser do you prefer after using the new firefox?

purana
20th September 2004, 02:09 PM
You forgot to add a third option of "BOTH"

I use mostly Safari, but then also do use firefox also when something might not work in Safari.

Disko
20th September 2004, 02:12 PM
I meant the poll as a 'one or the other', so both isn't really apropriate.
Its not 'which browser do you use the most', it's 'which browser do you prefer'. ;)

estoyloco
20th September 2004, 02:29 PM
I havent used SAFARI since i sold my PB back in June, but when i get it back i think i will use FIREFOX. Its seems faster.

I have these plugins too that allow for iTunes control through Firefox, Gmail notifications, and an iCal copy called Mozilla Calander.... i think FIREFOX is just a little faster and is just as easy to use.

One thing tho, was Firefox out before safari? cos it is basically a clone?

Has there been a safari update since i have stopped using a mac (june)?

purana
20th September 2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Sep 20 2004, 02:12 PM
I meant the poll as a 'one or the other', so both isn't really apropriate.
Its not 'which browser do you use the most', it's 'which browser do you prefer'. ;)
Well I prefer safari.. and would use it more then any other browser on the powerbook.

yinyang
20th September 2004, 02:56 PM
three browsers are enough for me - safari, shiira and camino. they're all pretty good at what they do, quick and efficient.

so i'll abstain ;)

dev_enter
20th September 2004, 03:15 PM
I solely use Safari on my Mac, and solely use Firefox on everything else (except IE for Windows Update).

eni
20th September 2004, 04:01 PM
I use Safari on mac and Firefox on Windows. I keep going to switch to Firefox on mac but I like Safari's simplicity or something on mac. (Not voting yet as I can't say I prefer one better)

thomas
20th September 2004, 04:37 PM
OmniWeb 5 (http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/) is quite good - visual-tabbed browsing is a great feature.

Safari vs Firefox? I guess I would have to go with Safari....

Thomas

matttt88
20th September 2004, 04:46 PM
Firefox on windows and Safari on mac, i would use firefox on mac if it was more cosmeticly matched to the OS. for now i havent found anything that wont open in safari that will in firefox. but it is there as an option on my mac :)

Splintered_Mind
20th September 2004, 04:50 PM
I use firefox on everything, except for my mac :D

decryption
20th September 2004, 07:03 PM
I use Safari, works fine with all the sites I visit :)

sillydog701
20th September 2004, 07:10 PM
Have you pressed F9 or F10 (the Exposť feature of Panther) and noticed the mysterious hidden window? You can get that mysterious "hidden window" with Mozilla, Netscape and Firefox. ;-)

frenchtoast
20th September 2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by sillydog701@Sep 20 2004, 07:10 PM
Have you pressed F9 or F10 (the Exposť feature of Panther) and noticed the mysterious hidden window? You can get that mysterious "hidden window" with Mozilla, Netscape and Firefox. ;-)
Yeah what the hell is that window? I had assumed it was something a bit dodgy

Husq
20th September 2004, 08:35 PM
Have found Firefox much faster, but safari renders better. The find (cntl + F) in firefox is fantastic in how it scrolls the page as it matches text.

pipsqeek
20th September 2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by frenchtoast+Sep 20 2004, 07:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frenchtoast @ Sep 20 2004, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sillydog701@Sep 20 2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah what the hell is that window? I had assumed it was something a bit dodgy [/b][/quote]
Its the first beta release of spyware for OS X :P

Steve

Ponder
2nd November 2004, 06:58 PM
Love the configurability and extensions available with firefox:

i use tabbrowser extensions, webdeveloper toolbar, view selection source, javascript console, venkman, permit cookies, cookie cutter, view in ie as the essentials... the list goes on&#33; (not all avail for the mac :(

great using the same browser on different platforms...

tool me up&#33;&#33;

Moose
2nd November 2004, 08:38 PM
Firefox works really well.

InfiniteAnthony
3rd November 2004, 06:40 AM
Its Firefox for me as I have found if pages that are designed in Firefox usually work in most other browsers. Not always the case but makes life easier

harryb2448
3rd November 2004, 08:54 AM
Has anyone tried Firefox for online banking with ibank? My financial institution certainly won&#39;t let me access my accounts using Safari as the pages never load. Only two browsers that will access are IE and iCab but I find iCab a bit flaky at times.

harryb2448

She
6th January 2005, 01:22 PM
Firefox on both Windows and MAC

I used to like Safari until recently.. it&#39;s started crashing on me quite frequently and it&#39;s really annoying