PDA

View Full Version : iBook G3 LCD pinout

mac_man_luke
8th February 2006, 10:48 PM
Hey

does any one know if it would be possible to wire an iBook G3 display upto a vga connector or similar?

the logic board seams to be toast and iv sold almost all other parts

just thought it would be cool to use in a moding project if i could get it working

something2sea
8th February 2006, 11:48 PM
yeah, i wanna know this aswell, i got an iBook screen from somebody aswell, and i want t oconnect a VGA to it, i suppose i would need to get power to it aswell, i suppose the easiest way to do that would be via firewire or USB hay, i donno, just being crazy!

Muzza_77
9th February 2006, 05:53 AM
Hummm.....interesting. If you couldn't ruin the screen (I don't know if this will)I would do this. Plug the connector from the iBook into a bread board, then plug the VGA adapter in at the other end of the bread board. Then using wires just connect pins here and there and hopes that it will work. Once I again I don't know if this will ruin the screen.

applecollector
9th February 2006, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure if this is going to work.
But don't all G3 iBook's & Newer Models have Vga out?
I know my G3 Snow iBook has.
So if the logic board is toast i'm not sure if this is going to work.
But give it a try.

titan44
9th February 2006, 08:21 AM
try the www.eio.com forums, they have a lot of info for a whole range of lcd panels.

tupps
9th February 2006, 10:13 AM
I doubt the LCD screen contains logic to decode an analog VGA signal. The raw LCD panel is purely digital so you wouldn't be able to plug a analog signal into it. You might get lucky with a DVI out connections but I still doubt that would work.

Thanks

Luke

Byrd
9th February 2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by applecollector@Feb 9 2006, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure if this is going to work.
But don't all G3 iBook's & Newer Models have Vga out?
Yeah, why not - Clamshells don't have VGA out, but any iBook above this model definately do.

Finding the LCD pinouts to drive an analog display will definately not work.

JB

mac_man_luke
9th February 2006, 12:52 PM
It still has all the other boards with the display, that decode the VGA etc

Ill try those other forums

mac_man_luke
9th February 2006, 01:27 PM
I opened up the case and its a "Samsung LTN121X1-L02"

i have all the boards for the display by the looks of it, eg inverter board

If i could just find out what each wire connected to i think i could get it working

that eio.com site is confusing and hard to find stuff on