PDA

View Full Version : The MLAgazine™ Reborn.

Cory5412
4th February 2004, 01:30 PM
(SOrry not to be able to write a different description/thread that applies to here, but I'm strapped for time and really wanted to say this here, so here's what I said at the MLA forum, just kind 'bear with' the silly details that you might not know (like... well whatever)

You are about to witness the Powa™ of perseverence!

As you know, during last December I had some power struggles with the MLAgazine, and during January I was able to get a web based 'version' up thanks to Cinemafia's help. Later in the month, it sorta went down the drain and ever since I've just been playing around with PostNuke on IW and trying to determine what went wrong.

I eventually just redid the database and reinstalled PostNuke and I am now very satisfied with the results that I've gotten so far. Mind you, this is no longer in 'beta' stages, but I will be still working on it in the coming weeks/months/whenever. For example, I need a new graphic for the top of the site, two new graphics actually and I need to figure out how to get them in there, so I have at least one graphic made and I'll be making another. And then there's the Wheel of Fruit™ code to add, shouldn't actually be too hard, but even so.

SO for the first time in February, just in time for the 1 year anniversary of me coming to Arizona, and just a few days before my birthday, I bring to you, the new, revamped, reborn, 68k MLAgazine!!!

The NEW MLAgazine™::Get Liberated.
http://www.cinemafia.net/cory5412/index.php

Byrd
4th February 2004, 01:51 PM
For those of you are might be a little confused about Cory's thread ...

68KMLA, the 68K(duh) Macintosh Liberation Army is a great forum revolving around all things 68K related (and now: hold onto your hats, Nubus-based PPCs).

Over the past year, the foum was plagued with downtime etc., but has been revamped in a completely new forum found at:

www.cinemafia.net/68kmla

See u there!

JB

the_argon
4th February 2004, 06:39 PM
Looks great... Might have to revive the good ol' 575 ;)

Cory5412
4th February 2004, 11:29 PM
lol, thanks Byrd... I knew that I should have comehere earlier last night, so as to be able to type up my own thread from scratch for here :P

Anyhow, I did have an article in there about my performa 578 "How a mac can liberate a person" it was an interesting thing I wrote up about the second comming of Macintosh for me :)

stevejay
9th February 2004, 08:59 AM
Keep on keeping old Macs out of landfill, Cory! What you're doing isn't just great for the Mac community, but for the planet, too.

I urge everybody to revive an old Mac today.

Currawong
9th February 2004, 08:40 PM
It's all because you weren't hosting it on a Quadra ;P

(with apologies to danamania)