PDA

View Full Version : iPod and hPod ads (what the differents??)

li5a
13th September 2004, 11:03 PM
Hi...
I have another questions about iPod
*hope you guys can help me with this...* ;)

Are iPod and hPod the same product??
Why their ads different..???

If you can see iPod ads are using silhouette to represent the people who listen the music from iPod

But hPod they use the real people...!

?!? so.. are they sell the same product? or different products???
I'm lost here.. please help me about that...

Thanks,

Lisa ;)

yinyang
13th September 2004, 11:26 PM
the products are exactly the same - the only difference (from what i've read) is that the hp+iPod is configured for windows and fat32, whereas the apple iPod is formatted for mac out of the box.

oh and i think the hp has 'hp' on the back as well as 'apple'...!?

Disko
13th September 2004, 11:26 PM
same product, different seller. (the HP ipod is even branded with an apple logo)

Its just HP selling them as far as i know...

li5a
14th September 2004, 11:55 PM
OOh... I see... :o
But please have a look on Hpod ads, it's quite different from iPod ads that we know...
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hpads/tvpromo.html

Lisa

li5a
15th September 2004, 12:01 AM
and tell me what do u think about that..

Thanks... ;)

kim jong il
15th September 2004, 06:55 AM
Sorry Lisa I really cannot find any difference at all as such (someone else can answer this. Do they now give you a USB 2.0 cable with the mac version?). I really do not believe that they are 'different' in any technical sense at all. Apart from what the others have already noted that is. I am about 100% sure you can purchase the HP product with confidence.

EDIT: I think the real reasons for the differences in advertising are that HP are targeting a different demographic. Something that appeals to one group of people will not appeal to others. PC users, I feel, will be more comfortable buying a product which is badged by a mainstream PC manufacturer. It will or should give a feeling of confidence that it will all work flawlessly without having to own a mac.

kim

PS Just to be a smart (dumb?) arse. I did find one difference; the HP online adds use flash and windows media video while Apple adds are higher quality quicktime (YES, I know it was not the question you were asking) :lol:

dangelovich
13th October 2004, 10:18 AM
I work in retail and we are going to be selling HP iPods eventually... AND the Apple iPods.... (which we have now)....
My question is Why should I sell a customer a HP iPod?
What advantage is there for the customer? Why would anybody want the HP version?

So far, I haven't been given any reasons... and there appears to be no difference...

Disko
13th October 2004, 10:51 AM
hey dangelovich - welcome to the site. :)

I also have no idea how to differentiate the two. HP ipods do come with 'skins' that you can print out and transfer to your ipod to add a design to it... And perhaps HP ipods aren't mac compatible?

purana
13th October 2004, 01:32 PM
One difference I heard of...

The ipod doesn't support the windows media format (not sure if thats the real name) and the hp ipod will.

decryption
13th October 2004, 04:13 PM
Differences between the Apple and HP iPods:
- HP iPods do come with a better support, an entire year of phone support, where as the Apple ones only come with 90 days.
- Skins for the HP iPod are really hard to take off and ruin the finish of the case.
- HP iPods come with a big HP logo on the back, not an Apple logo.

I wouldn't sell the HP iPod at all, just out of spite for their shit desktop machines. Just keep selling the Apple ones, it makes pretty much no difference. And selling Apple iPods get Wintel drones to think twice about the Macintosh platform (which is a good thing).

dangelovich
26th October 2004, 03:55 PM
That's my plan decryption...
I won't sell them just to spite HP.... I already have to sell their crappy PCs and Laptops...
Some of their machines are beyond crap.... I can't help but look at them and wonder what the hell people are thinking when they buy them.....

the_argon
26th October 2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by dangelovich@Oct 26 2004, 03:25 PM
I can't help but look at them and wonder what the hell people are thinking when they buy them.....
Yes, Disko. Please do tell us what you were thinking :P

OziMac
26th October 2004, 06:52 PM
Li5a - it's difference.

The hPod has an Apple logo on the back of it apparently.