PDA

View Full Version : Help with my website needed.. Uploading video?

grorr76
31st January 2006, 11:45 AM
Hi Im wanting to upload 2 50mb video files for download then link to my iweb website. Im using .mac so can someone guide me through the steps of how I go about doing this. I want the videos on.mac and linked to in the website.. This is prob simple but Im new to this so bare with me.
cheers

hawker
31st January 2006, 11:56 AM
Isn't there a feature in iMovie to save for .mac - maybe you can just upload them and then add a direct link to them in a blog?

grorr76
31st January 2006, 11:59 AM
hmm i didnt know that ill take a look

grorr76
31st January 2006, 12:01 PM
no theres no direct .mac option under imovie, theres an iweb but no imovie .. any more ideas

hawker
31st January 2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by grorr76@Jan 31 2006, 11:31 AM
no theres no direct .mac option under imovie, theres an iweb but no imovie .. any more ideas
what happens when you follow the iweb route in iMovie?

grorr76
31st January 2006, 12:28 PM
i get an error as i wanna upload a decnt looking clip and it cracks the shits with the size of the videos. so i feel offering a link to the videos as a decent sized download would be the better route if i can work out how to do it using .mac.

hawker
31st January 2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by grorr76@Jan 31 2006, 11:58 AM
i get an error as i wanna upload a decnt looking clip and it cracks the shits with the size of the videos. so i feel offering a link to the videos as a decent sized download would be the better route if i can work out how to do it using .mac.
Your best bet is to upload it with an FTP client ? or maybe drag it onto your idisk (I think you can still do that with your .mac?) and then put a link to the videos on your iweb. either in your blog or create an external link, then put the full link... ie

mac.com/myname/movie1.mov

grorr76
31st January 2006, 12:34 PM
will give that a try much thanks..