PDA

View Full Version : Ghostery, anyone?

Buttercup
16th June 2015, 03:20 PM
Ghostery seems to have disappeared from my Mac, possibly following an OS system update. I just looked at their webpage but I'm not sure if it's still a good thing to have or not. Any advice is welcome. I note that there are now dozens of cookies installed after visiting just a few websites so I delete cookies every hour or so. I use Firefox with Google (not Chrome). If there's a better cookie blocker I'd like to know that too, please. Thank you.

gallet
9th July 2015, 03:22 PM
Still there for me, after updating to 10.10.4 I have every box ticked. Except the one that says 'enable ghostrank' because ironically they then track you. But ghostery is not a cookie blocker anyway, so you will have lots of cookies after visiting a few sites.

Buttercup
9th July 2015, 03:43 PM
Thanks gallet. Now I feel silly. I thought it blocked cookies. What are the crossed-out names that pop up in the box as you move from site to site, please? (Scorecard, AppNexus, etc) I thought the crossed out names meant that site was blocked from tracking my web history by installing cookies.

The ever-confused Jen.