PDA

View Full Version : WWDC Keynote - What will see?

SRG
5th June 2015, 05:45 PM
As we head into the long weekend thought it was time to start a thread on what we think we might see at WWDC and of course what we won't see.

The Keynote we will be live Tuesday morning at 3.00 a.m. AEST and you can catch it all live Apple - Apple Events - Special Event June 2015 (http://www.apple.com/live/) at the Apple website or via the App on your Apple TV.

So far the speculation is that we will see a new Music Service in a refresh of the existing Beats Music service. We will also get the first looks at OS X 10.11 and iOS 9. What are we all thinking we might see in the versions of both, noting that they are expected to not be major changes and more under the hood stuff this time round?

On the hardware front it doesn't seem we will be seeing that much, now that most outlets are saying the new version of the Apple TV will not be revealed at the event. With fairly recent refreshes across the range it doesn't seem there is much Apple would be looking to reveal. The only one I can think of is the Mac Pro, which might maybe get a refresh and this is more the audience to show that to.

So speculate away!

kyte
6th June 2015, 10:15 AM
Without an AppleTV update... zero interest. Damn.

Oldmacs
6th June 2015, 03:47 PM
Without an AppleTV update... zero interest. Damn.

I'm hoping they announce an Apple TV app store though, that works with the existing box, and the new box comes in October?

I'll be happy if iOS 9 runs on A5 devices like the rumours have heavy suggested (WOO another year with my iPad 2).

kyte
9th June 2015, 09:03 AM
I'll be happy if iOS 9 runs on A5 devices like the rumours have heavy suggested (WOO another year with my iPad 2).

Looks like you get your wish. All iOS8 supported devices also get iOS9 :)

Nothing new for AppleTV. No aTV appstore.

Oldmacs
9th June 2015, 10:16 AM
Looks like you get your wish. All iOS8 supported devices also get iOS9 :)

Nothing new for AppleTV. No aTV appstore.

VERY happy about iOS 9. Looks like some nice enhancements + stability improvements and another year with my iPad 2 - I can't believe its still being updated, though it makes sense given other factors.

woofy
9th June 2015, 03:48 PM
UNlike the iPad 1 which was the least supported system that Apple have ever released. We had to offload and rebuy a heap of new iPads much earlier in the cycle for work as the apps we used stopped being supported way back. Note its not that they weren't updated, they literally stopped being supported on iOS5 very prematurely. ATV was all I cared about, have been holding off getting a second for years thinking they would do something soon.

kyte
10th June 2015, 08:00 AM
We might find hardware updates at the next event. September?

Oldmacs
10th June 2015, 02:05 PM
We might find hardware updates at the next event. September?

I'd say the Apple TV + iPad Pro and iPhone 6S may come in September then the iPad Mini, iPad Air, iMacs, Mac Pros and Macbook Pro may come in November or October.

I still think theres also a chance of an iPod TOuch 6 or iPad Nano at either event.

kyte
13th June 2015, 07:45 AM
I'd say the Apple TV + iPad Pro and iPhone 6S may come in September then the iPad Mini, iPad Air, iMacs, Mac Pros and Macbook Pro may come in November or October.

I was more curious about when the next event might be. I can't quite recall when they usually have the last one for the year. Anyway... I think thats when they will announce iOS device updates. The rest of the stable... god knows. I expected then to announce hardware stuff at the mid year event, the WWDC. But, you could be right, we may get OSX device announcements as well.

I still think theres also a chance of an iPod TOuch 6 or iPad Nano at either event.

I think they will kill off one of them, if not both. They want us in watches and expect us to use our phones for ipod stuff.