7th March 2015, 09:21 PM
Hi all Vintage Lovers!

I',m just testing out posting from a 7600/200 :D

vmile
8th March 2015, 08:06 AM
Nice!

soulman
8th March 2015, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the future. I had a 7600/132 as my main work machine for a few years. It was running 8.6 at the end. I remember it taking ages - minutes - to boot by then. And you had to boot it every day; couldn't leave it going overnight.

How are you connecting to the internets? Do you have an ethernet card in it?

Oldmacs
8th March 2015, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the future. I had a 7600/132 as my main work machine for a few years. It was running 8.6 at the end. I remember it taking ages - minutes - to boot by then. And you had to boot it every day; couldn't leave it going overnight.

How are you connecting to the internets? Do you have an ethernet card in it?

Its got ethernet built in this one :)

I was also online on my 540c which was cool.

The oldest Mac I've had online is a Centris 650 - My IIsi and Iici should be capable of getting online - Just that currently they're not working :P

soulman
8th March 2015, 10:45 PM
Its got ethernet built in this one :) They're AAUI-15 sockets on those though aren't they? Or did the later ones come with RJ45s?

I was also online on my 540c which was cool.

The oldest Mac I've had online is a Centris 650 - My IIsi and Iici should be capable of getting online - Just that currently they're not working :PYeah, the 540 was very cool in its day. My oldest Mac is an SE/30 and I have a Classic that was getting regular use up until a few years ago.

Oldmacs
8th March 2015, 11:45 PM
They're AAUI-15 sockets on those though aren't they? Or did the later ones come with RJ45s?

Yeah, the 540 was very cool in its day. My oldest Mac is an SE/30 and I have a Classic that was getting regular use up until a few years ago.

My 7600 is a 7600/200 which I believe was a later model - so yes it has RJ45s :)

Ooo you're lucky to have an SE/30 - I've been looking for one for years!

Thingme
9th March 2015, 07:54 AM
Muggins has an SE/30 with the RasterOps RGB card and a 15" Apple RGB CRT. It was a novel experience in it's day being my first colour Mac and dual screen at that!. Loved it to bits. It is no longer operational because I ripped out its RAM for use in our LaserWriter IINT which has since died. 😫

For a project I ought to take back that RAM and recommission the SE/30. That'd be a real fun thing to do if I had the time and inclination. 😬

Peter

LCGuy
9th March 2015, 11:45 AM
I have an SE that I upgraded to an SE/30...with its full 128MB of RAM, and a SCSI2SD with a 4GB microSD card installed its a thing of beauty. I'd love to get a colour video out or ethernet card for it at some point though.