PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth unavailable and mic not working on late 2009 iMac running OSX 10.2

trixy
21st February 2015, 08:58 PM
Hello there,

Please help. Since upgrading to Yosemite on my iMac my bluetooth has stopped working. I've also recently noticed that my microphone doesn't work but I don't know how long thats been going on for. I am out of ideas and hoping someone has more things i can try before I end up buying a new iMac. This one is a bit slow, but apart from these problems does everything I need it to do and I'm quite fond of it.

When I go into the System Report and select Bluetooth, it says 'No information found'. The bluetooth icon appears in the menu bar but is greyed out and has a squiggly line through it, clicking on it, it says 'Bluetooth: Not Available'.

For the microphone, when I go into the Sound system preferences I have 'in-built microphone' as an input source, but the blue bars - indicating sound - don't go, even when I yell.

What I have tried:

Doing an SMC and PRAM reset a few times
Creating a new user account (and noticed the same issue in the new account)
Repair disk and repair file permissions in Disk Utility

What else could I look at or do to try and fix this?

Hopefully I've been clear enough, but happy to expand if anyone needs.

Trix

Byrd
22nd February 2015, 09:37 AM
Hi trixy,

sounds like you've exhausted most logical methods to try to enable BT - I'd try installing 10.10.2 as a fresh install perhaps on an external HD to rule out complete hardware failure.

You can pick up generic USB bluetooth adapters for a couple of bucks, they aren't as good but do the job for keyboard/mice