PDA

View Full Version : Price Check Quadra 700

montanainc
22nd January 2015, 09:45 AM
Hey just wanted to know how much a working Quadra 700 with monitor would be worth these days?

Thanks

Oldmacs
22nd January 2015, 12:14 PM
A Quadra 700 is semi rare I think?

Probably over $50. I'd love one but I think they're out of my price range :'(

montanainc
22nd January 2015, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the reply

macman142
22nd January 2015, 05:31 PM
Cool, yes a Quadra 700 was pretty rare even 5 years ago. Although at the same time, most of the people who actually want a Q700 probably have one now, right? Oh except me, I might like another one?! I had one and it didn't seem anything 'special' but I do miss it!

I reckon a working setup with an Apple branded monitor, keyboard an mouse would be $100-$150 worth.

harryb2448
23rd January 2015, 06:53 AM
Last one I saw on eBay about three months ago went for $52.00. That was without the RGB monitor which was pretty cool twenty odd years ago.

Oldmacs
23rd January 2015, 07:24 AM
Last one I saw on eBay about three months ago went for $52.00. That was without the RGB monitor which was pretty cool twenty odd years ago.

How did miss that!! I would have jumped at the opertuninity !!!

neoxide
23rd January 2015, 12:55 PM
I bought mine about 8 years ago for $30. I would expect that they've reasonably gone up in value since. They're excellent machines, for running period software and it appeared in Jurassic Park.

If I had the money, I'd pay good money for one nowadays. Working machine and monitor maybe $60? Complete system with software $100+.

tim
23rd January 2015, 05:20 PM
I sold a working one with portrait monitor on eBay for $120 earlier last year.

Nice but nothing special.

harryb2448
24th January 2015, 07:32 AM
Hate to tell you this oldmacs, there was one on Gumtree earlier this week. One owner in A1 condition:-

Apple Macintosh Quadra 700 | Desktops | Gumtree Australia Tea Tree Gully Area - Golden Grove | 1068101597 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/golden-grove/desktops/apple-macintosh-quadra-700/1068101597)

iMic
24th January 2015, 09:52 AM
Apple Macintosh Quadra 700 | Desktops | Gumtree Australia Tea Tree Gully Area - Golden Grove | 1068101597 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/golden-grove/desktops/apple-macintosh-quadra-700/1068101597)

Argh... that's within a few minutes from where I live, too. That would be the first Quadra I've ever seen available in Adelaide, too.

tim
24th January 2015, 01:45 PM
Vintage Apple Computer Collection | Other Computers & Software | Gumtree Australia Stirling Area - Dianella | 1067908787 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dianella/other-computers-software/vintage-apple-computer-collection/1067908787)

I am sure there are a couple Quadras in that lot.

Just need to move to WA...

Oldmacs
25th January 2015, 08:55 AM
Vintage Apple Computer Collection | Other Computers & Software | Gumtree Australia Stirling Area - Dianella | 1067908787 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dianella/other-computers-software/vintage-apple-computer-collection/1067908787)

I am sure there are a couple Quadras in that lot.

Just need to move to WA...

Oh wow...... I wish I lived close to that...

Every time a big Mac collection goes up for sale, it seems to not be in NSW!!

tim
25th January 2015, 03:46 PM
Every time a big Mac collection goes up for sale, it seems to not be in NSW!!

The biggest ever collection score was Wagga and that was only 99 cents!

neoxide
27th January 2015, 11:51 PM
The biggest ever collection score was Wagga and that was only 99 cents!

So big it took three of us to cart it away... and there was still a room of stuff left!

macman142
28th January 2015, 09:51 AM
I wish I could go back and grab a nice LC520, there were so many to choose from and they're so hard to find now!

LCGuy
28th January 2015, 10:18 PM
I wish I had the vehicle, or the space at home to help out. Sadly though I had - and have - neither. :(

jsarchibald
2nd February 2015, 02:08 PM
I got my boxed Quadra 700 from that Wagga haul. Cost me $1800 in fuel, trailer and accom, but as a result, I now have a zero cost collection.

4 years on, I still love that haul!

Neoxide, how much was left when you went? Wish I had looked under the hood of the LC's for Apple IIe cards, I didn't know about them back then.

jsarchibald
2nd February 2015, 02:09 PM
I wish I could go back and grab a nice LC520, there were so many to choose from and they're so hard to find now!

You have a Mac TV, even better!

macman142
2nd February 2015, 03:43 PM
Speaking of the Mac TV, its logic board needs re-cap'ing. It joins the extensive queue of Macs in my collection needing reasonably serious repairs. I don't have the time or patience at the moment to source caps or dedicate a day to soldering.

That said, I've just finished repairing a 512k, a Plus, an SE and an SE/30 which I plan to put on ebay soon. Looking for $50-$100 each but will take whatever the market says they're worth.

Could prove to be a reasonable indication for the OP of what the Quadra 700 could bring.

Anyone reading have a beige Mac mouse or beige Mac keyboard (both pre-ADB)? I am trying to match up my collection with their accessories and even with everything I've hoarded I'm actually short a few bits!

jsarchibald
2nd February 2015, 04:25 PM
I have to do the same thing over here. If I have any spares, I'll let you know, but I am fairly certain I am a couple short too.

macman142
2nd February 2015, 05:06 PM
I have a couple of Platinum pre-ADB keyboards and one mouse, also have a heap of the 'standard' ADB keyboard and the roundy ADB mice (black and white) if you need anything or would like to trade anything. I suspect your collection is the same though.

You have any spare SCSI hard drives between 40-500MB out of interest? Seems all of the thick 40MB ones in my SE's and SE/30's are dead (or jammed). I gave one a gentle thump on the bench (lol) and it whirred up at least, but no partition any more.

If you need anything to get any of your Macs going, let me know as I have a scrappy SE, a Plus and a Classic all ready to be parted out to worthy causes, but am much more keen on trading for useful parts than selling...

neoxide
4th February 2015, 02:54 PM
I got my boxed Quadra 700 from that Wagga haul. Cost me $1800 in fuel, trailer and accom, but as a result, I now have a zero cost collection.

4 years on, I still love that haul!

Neoxide, how much was left when you went? Wish I had looked under the hood of the LC's for Apple IIe cards, I didn't know about them back then.

There were maybe three dozen monitors, most of the stack of Power Macs (mostly 72xx) on the wooden shelves and about 5 or 6 boxes (monitor sized) of little things in total. There were also maybe about 8 or so LCs left, all the worst of the batch. I was skeptical about the lot of them, but having an extension cord and power cable I found that nearly all of them powered on and seemed to boot, despite being covered in a decade of possum refuse!

I did end up finding a IIe card, it was in a box of NuBus ethernet cards I think, buried in another box, wrapped in antistatic bag. Haven't tested it yet.

Glad that your collection is now zero-cost, I still haven't unpacked much of my takings two years on, let alone sold any of the surplus machines I was planning to restore. I tried towing a trailer up there and spent almost a grand on trailer hire and supplies, but then my transmission failed barely out of Melbourne and I had to get it replaced. Later headed up on the train and came back down on Howard's truck, which was about a $200 trip. Second time was the same, but came back in his car and trailer. Trailer tire burst on the way down and I had to wait with the haul whilst Howard drove 70 km for a new tire :) Bit of an adventure to say the least.

I just need a room and some time... Shelving is the major issue and being a student I have very little money for storage, plus most of my spare time is spent in the lab. But I hope to prune it into an excellent collection one day, currently it's just too much quantity over quality (I have a double garage and lounge-sized room packed with gear, neither with floorspace).

Oldmacs
4th February 2015, 05:36 PM
I would have killed to be an adult with a drivers license when this stuff needed clearing out :'(

Luckily Neoxide sent me a few machines :)

jsarchibald
8th February 2015, 10:32 PM
I have a couple of Platinum pre-ADB keyboards and one mouse, also have a heap of the 'standard' ADB keyboard and the roundy ADB mice (black and white) if you need anything or would like to trade anything. I suspect your collection is the same though.

You have any spare SCSI hard drives between 40-500MB out of interest? Seems all of the thick 40MB ones in my SE's and SE/30's are dead (or jammed). I gave one a gentle thump on the bench (lol) and it whirred up at least, but no partition any more.

If you need anything to get any of your Macs going, let me know as I have a scrappy SE, a Plus and a Classic all ready to be parted out to worthy causes, but am much more keen on trading for useful parts than selling...

I have some spare drives, but don't really need anything. Still on the hunt for a 5500 board, and I gave away one too many of the Apple II cards for the Disk ][.

jsarchibald
8th February 2015, 10:35 PM
There were maybe three dozen monitors, most of the stack of Power Macs (mostly 72xx) on the wooden shelves and about 5 or 6 boxes (monitor sized) of little things in total. There were also maybe about 8 or so LCs left, all the worst of the batch. I was skeptical about the lot of them, but having an extension cord and power cable I found that nearly all of them powered on and seemed to boot, despite being covered in a decade of possum refuse!

I did end up finding a IIe card, it was in a box of NuBus ethernet cards I think, buried in another box, wrapped in antistatic bag. Haven't tested it yet.

Glad that your collection is now zero-cost, I still haven't unpacked much of my takings two years on, let alone sold any of the surplus machines I was planning to restore. I tried towing a trailer up there and spent almost a grand on trailer hire and supplies, but then my transmission failed barely out of Melbourne and I had to get it replaced. Later headed up on the train and came back down on Howard's truck, which was about a $200 trip. Second time was the same, but came back in his car and trailer. Trailer tire burst on the way down and I had to wait with the haul whilst Howard drove 70 km for a new tire :) Bit of an adventure to say the least.

I just need a room and some time... Shelving is the major issue and being a student I have very little money for storage, plus most of my spare time is spent in the lab. But I hope to prune it into an excellent collection one day, currently it's just too much quantity over quality (I have a double garage and lounge-sized room packed with gear, neither with floorspace).

Wow, so surprisingly not that much was left behind. I have often wished that I had taken some things I had left behind, but overall I am very satisfied with what I got. Just lugged the last of it from the in-laws house after a recent move, so I have my toys back.

How was Howard? How did he feel about everything? I always felt very bad with winning the auction for 99 cents, and then not taking everything, but I did promise to send some people his way to take more. Two guys later and it seems to have worked out.