PDA

View Full Version : Is this an old model macbook pro?

jayda
3rd December 2014, 04:10 PM
Configure - Apple Store (Australia) (http://store.apple.com/au/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MD101X/A&step=config)

I bought this for my son and it was delivered today. I was under the impression that macbooks were updated this year. The one delivered is a mid 2012 model. Is this right?

Thanks for any advice!

Oldmacs
3rd December 2014, 04:58 PM
This is whats called the '13 inch Non-Retina Macbook Pro'. It was introduced in mid 2012 and continued to be on sale, as it is quite attractive to buyers who want an optical drive, upgradable ram and hard drive and firewire+ethernet.

All that has happened since 2012, is that they've updated the graphics on the box to represent the different versions of OSX (10.7,10.8,10.9 and 10.10).

Apple updated the Retina Macbook Pros this year, but not the non retina Macbook Pros. If you want an versatile and expandable Macbook (And can ignore the chipset which is 1 generation behind) it is a fantastic laptop, I bought mine over two years ago and still love it.

jayda
3rd December 2014, 06:23 PM
Thank you so much Oldmacs - you just explained everything perfectly...something Apple couldn't do!