PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet card or SCSI to Ethernet adapter for SE wanted

DebB
18th July 2014, 07:44 AM
Anyone have one of these rare gems lying about? I Feel like a new challenge..... Would love to hear anyone's stories of getting their vintage mac on the net.
Deb

Oldmacs
18th July 2014, 09:28 AM
I'll give your my story about getting my centris 650 on he web :)

I believe I may know someone who has se ethernet cards, I'll get back to you on that one.

MacintoshSE
18th July 2014, 02:26 PM
I looked for a SCSI<-->Ethernet adaptor for a while, but they didn't pop up often and when they did they were pretty pricey. I ended up getting an Farallon Etherwave (MAC/PB Adapter Version - not the print adapter variants) which is a Ethernet<-->Serial port instead.

I have used it on my Mac Plus and SE.

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t575/MacintoshSE/ether_zps55801f96.jpg

fan
18th July 2014, 02:48 PM
I got Scsi to fir wire (400) or vice versa with mac and win drivers.. Also got firewire(400) card bus as well.. Any takers?

Anyone have one of these rare gems lying about? I Feel like a new challenge..... Would love to hear anyone's stories of getting their vintage mac on the net.
Deb

LCGuy
19th July 2014, 01:49 AM
I'd be interested in the FireWire to SCSI adapter :)

fan
19th July 2014, 12:44 PM
Mail me ur details , iam in hills area.. U can pick it up..

DebB
19th July 2014, 07:59 PM
Macintosh SE, Where did you get the Farallon adapter? Sounds promising. Which system software are you running?

MacintoshSE
19th July 2014, 10:15 PM
Macintosh SE, Where did you get the Farallon adapter? Sounds promising. Which system software are you running?

It got it from EBay, it was around $30 incl postage from the USA (the postage was 2/3 of the cost!). I'm running system 6.0.8 on both my Mac Plus and SE.

There is some more discussion about them here : https://68kmla.org/forums/index.php?/topic/20368-etherwave-macpb-adapter-and-classic-mac/

neoxide
21st July 2014, 12:29 PM
I have a bunch of those SE ethernet adaptors, maybe 5 of them, but I don't know if any of them work or where they are... I'll try to dig them up! You might need an AUI to 10BaseT adapter since I think the SE adapters only have AUI and BNC connectors...