PDA

View Full Version : Size of 10.9.4 update?

Buttercup
8th July 2014, 05:41 PM
I've searched to find the size of this latest update before I try to download it via wireless b'band but can't find that info. I thought I'd copied a link that took me to that information but no luck.

Can anyone tell me the size, please, and also the size of the other update that's just come out? I need to know if I have to treck to the Apple Store to download there. Thanks.

James
8th July 2014, 05:55 PM
10.9.4 update is 283 MB according to this Apple page (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1754).

Don't know about the other one. :ambivalent:

harryb2448
9th July 2014, 09:18 AM
Wonder if that is the Combo?

For my iMac came in at 92.8MB. Took a long time to reboot after installing, some five or six minutes. Longer than the download.

Buttercup
9th July 2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks very much James. I must have asked Google the wrong question. I couldn't even find the size on Apple's site. Where did you look to find the link?

I wasn't paying enough attention to the message from Apple. It had already downloaded and was waiting to be installed, even though I have preferences set to ask before downloading. The other part was iMovie. It was a fairly small download.

Harry, the OS D/L was 283 MB and took quite a while to finish the remaining download and installation, even though it had started without permission. It was limping along with wireless B'band. That's why it would be nice to know before it starts the process. Thanks again, Jen

harryb2448
10th July 2014, 08:21 AM
Just checked - 92MB mine. Took less than a minute to download and about eleven to install.

Buttercup
10th July 2014, 09:31 AM
Wonder why there's such a difference. Is your 'puter dieting?:D

tim
14th July 2014, 05:21 PM
Just updating the neighbours computer- 5.6gb to go from Leopard to Mav....

It took forever to download.

Orestes
15th July 2014, 10:49 AM
Not sure, I just upgraded from Lion to Mavericks but I already had the install disk image, it took about half an hour to install and the update from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4 took about half an hour again from the App Store onto my SSD.

The_Hawk
16th July 2014, 09:07 AM
The 10.9.4 Combo update is actually 958.2 MB

OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update (Combo) (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1755)

Buttercup
17th July 2014, 03:03 PM
It was the update from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4 that I was enquiring about this time. Wish Apple would give us the option of downloading at a time and place of our choosing. Previously, the Leopard to Mavericks download choked my wireless b'band and only partially downloaded so I had to treck to the Apple store, delete it and start again anyway.

Orestes
18th July 2014, 12:45 AM
I find the whole thing ridiculous anyway... I downloaded Mavericks myself, but really, they should be making DVDs available. The whole notion of downloading updates over the internet with the type of internet connections most Australians have is ridiculous. It might work in other countries, but for most I know, not here...

harryb2448
18th July 2014, 08:48 AM
Updates have always been downloaded ~ take it you mean upgrades as from OS X.8 to OS X.9 etc?

The day of the optical drive is long gone alas. Had the same problem when Apple abandoned floppies back in the 90's screech horror!!!

Buttercup
18th July 2014, 02:38 PM
I'd like to be able to download at the time and place of my choice, given that I'm using wireless b'band at home. Going to the Apple Store to download large upgrades such as from 10.8. to Mavericks is a pita but at least it can be accomplished without stopping in the middle because the connection has dropped. Actually do have an optical drive, probably the last one for a MacBook Pro.........:D