PDA

View Full Version : cheap crumpler bags

daz
9th September 2004, 02:56 PM
Hi guys,
My first post here as I've ordered a Ibook G4. Finally switched from PC to MAC to use for multitrack music recording.

Anyway stumble across this site that sells crumpler bags dirt cheap:

http://www.qualmark.com.au/TP/accessories/...gs/crumpler.htm (http://www.qualmark.com.au/TP/accessories/carrybags/crumpler.htm)

Thinking I might get one!

ricky1206
13th September 2004, 01:13 PM
I bought the base toucher for $225! :o They sell at $147.13!!! Bad news for me. :(

Febs
13th September 2004, 09:08 PM
Knowing the typical cost prices on some of those bags...I can say that they're VERY cheap.

However, I wonder what their stock is like? I was going to get my 12" School Hymn from work (at a price only slightly better than Qualmark's), but after the arrival date was pushed back three times*, I gave up and bought one at Gowings.

*Arrival date meaning when the bag arrives at our supplier from Crumpler.
Funnily enough Crumpler's own stores had plenty of stock. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
- Febs (not a big fan of Crumpler, any more).

Gothikon
13th September 2004, 10:18 PM
Had a crumpler school hymn on order for 3 months + glad I didn't get it in the end, not that great for 90 AUD. I ended up ordering an incase sleeve which has handles and a side pocket from Apple, 30 AUD cheaper, can't be any worse than the STM sleeve and I can continue to use my existing, extremely cool Hedgren rucksack.

yinyang
13th September 2004, 10:30 PM
yeah i ordered mine from iswh and gave up after 8 weeks - stuck with my booq, and then got an stm...! wasn't impressed since they're an aussie company that can't seem to supply to australia :(

btw hate the stm sleeve that came with the curve!!

zen
14th September 2004, 12:34 AM
Delivery Cost: Handling, Packing, Freight and Processing is from $18.10 Per Order Metro.

Is it just me or that&#39;s way overpriced? Crumplers are great, but are they really worth the money? I&#39;m really starting to question myself that <_<

Gothikon
14th September 2004, 07:09 AM
Whilst I&#39;m not getting a crumpler now I don&#39;t have a problem with paying 150-200 AUD for a bag to protect a 3000 AUD laptop. And the bags do last well, quite a few people at work have crumpler bags that have lasted a pretty long time.

sillydog701
14th September 2004, 08:31 AM
I have two Crumpler bags, and they all very good looking.
Not sure if I need a new bag.

Ozi
14th September 2004, 09:12 AM
My crumpler does really well. Strong, waterproof, easy to clean all the uni and transport-related crap off it. I could use my old school bag, or even a &#036;60 bag I have to protect my &#036;4600 laptop, but neither of them have laptop sleeves built in to them, nor do they have much padding for the laptop, or comfy straps. :)

I bought my crumpler for &#036;220, which is roughly 5% of the cost of my computer. I dont see this to be extravagant expense, as the bag does its job very well. And no, I didn;t buy for the brand name; I bought because I liked the design and features of the crumpler more than any other bag on the market.

~Ozi.

jy6
14th September 2004, 09:34 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is a crumpler bag?

I just purchased a cheap neoprene powerbook sleeve and I was done with it. I also got an STM backpack thing too.

Ozi
14th September 2004, 09:54 AM
www.crumpler.com.au

http://www.bicyclemagic.com/smsimg/8/466s3_018.jpg

They vary a lot... got ot their website to see all the different types.

sillydog701
14th September 2004, 01:19 PM
Well, I was looking for a "good looking" bag, don&#39;t want something ugly.

Febs
14th September 2004, 10:31 PM
I only bought a Crumpler because it was the only hard sleeve I could find.

STM - soft neoprene, crap.
Incase - has handles, too bulky. I wanted a sleeve not a bag.

I really don&#39;t buy into Crumpler&#39;s marketing crap (take a look at their website to see what I mean). I bought it for functionality only....but that&#39;s just me.

(I do like the look of those ATKM bags. A mate&#39;s getting one from Melb soon...will have to check it out).

datacenter
7th October 2004, 02:08 PM
I use an iSkin on my Powerbook

www.iskin.com.au

Steve

decryption
7th October 2004, 05:18 PM
Anyone bought a bag from these dudes?

datacenter
7th October 2004, 10:56 PM
I emailed today, and got told they don&#39;t have em instock or know when they will have them

So i think it is just the advertise it cheap but always out of stock thing...

I&#39;ll try get one local in melbourne tomorrow, as i also have to get an ipoid mini tomorrow and getthe powerbook fixed, (screen dead) and might as well upgRADE TO 1GB AT THE SAME TIME AND GET A BT APPLE KEYBOARD

markh
8th October 2004, 09:18 AM
I was down in melbourne last weekend, and checked out the supposed crumpler fractory outlet... Now, just by the name of that "factory outlet", i would have expected things to a little bit cheaper than retail... but they were not.. disappointing. And was after a wee bee for my 12" PB

frenchtoast
8th October 2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by markh@Oct 8 2004, 09:18 AM
I was down in melbourne last weekend, and checked out the supposed crumpler fractory outlet... Now, just by the name of that "factory outlet", i would have expected things to a little bit cheaper than retail... but they were not.. disappointing. And was after a wee bee for my 12" PB
One wall tends to be seconds stock, and the other wall brand new. They mark their second stock by writing the cheaper price in big black texta.

artisan
11th October 2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Ozi@Sep 14 2004, 09:54 AM
www.crumpler.com.au

http://www.bicyclemagic.com/smsimg/8/466s3_018.jpg

They vary a lot... got ot their website to see all the different types.
I Bought the above bag about 3 months ago. I didn&#39;t realise how big it was buy looking at the picture. I have only used it ones to move the computer from 1 unit to another.

I&#39;m thinking about selling it as it&#39;s just to big for me...

I think i Paid &#036;300 for it.

Anyone Interested?

daz
12th October 2004, 03:13 PM
Those guys do have stock depends what model/ colour they have.
Their prices I found out are incorrect, they are in fact more as these are old prices from a few months back.
Anyway I ended up buying the crumpler wack o phone bag today for &#036;129 from David Jones (same price as quarmark) which is a pretty good price considering they are &#036;225 RRP on the crumpler site.

artisan
30th December 2004, 10:30 PM
Still selling the Crisp suite bag if anyone is interested. Still only used once sinse purchase