PDA

View Full Version : Apple Specific Network/Computer expert in house service

maghemi
11th April 2014, 06:41 AM
Hey all,
I've got an interesting conundrum. I'm not exactly a new user to Apple, but I've struck a problem that I'm not sure how to sort out.

I've got issues with my network not performing as well as it should, in throughput sense and how I operate things. I'm trying to improve access to remote desktop on my Mini server, imrpove backups of network drives (which are used heavily to make up for the lack of storage available on a retina macbook) and improve Wifi.

Some of it is non apple products, some of it is. I've been looking into companies that will come into the home and look at your equipment and recommend ways to improve the various aspects and make recommendations.

The problem is that I haven't found one that I feel has a decent grasp on the Apple side of things. There are plenty that are 'PC' oriented so would be fine with the non Apple products, but I want a holistic approach to this.

I'm based in Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, So if anyone has any suggestions on a company that might suit, that would be appreciated.

harryb2448
11th April 2014, 08:11 AM
Big. big ask maghemi. Certainly cannot find anyone in rural NSW.

JayV
11th April 2014, 02:54 PM
Apple Consultants Network - Find a Consultant (http://consultants.apple.com/au/locator)

Dog Knight
15th April 2014, 10:11 AM
Or perhaps through your details down here and see if we can help.

Been a mac user all my life and have studied network engineering. Happy to throw my two cents in if you are prepared to give us details on your setup.