PDA

View Full Version : applecare warranty

ethania05
21st January 2006, 08:41 PM
Question about applecare for powerbooks. I currently have a pb 1.33ghz purchased in 2004, i want to be able to purchase applcare warranty for it but a guy at the apple centre said you have to purchase the applecare warranty within 1 year of the receipt date. It didnt make much sense to me as i thought i could purchase applecare anytime and put the 3 years on it. I dont have the receipt. Hope that made sense.

Can someone confirm this? Or is the apple guy bs'ing me?

g3monster
21st January 2006, 08:44 PM
No he speaks the truth...You can only applecare in the first 1 year...I thaught it was 6 months tho...Also you need a reciept to verify that you actually purchased the system!!!

xfodder
21st January 2006, 08:45 PM
i thought the 3 years is only if you purchase applecare within 6 month of purchasing the machine ? don't quote me on that.

designers_hub
21st January 2006, 08:54 PM
yep you need to purchase warranity before your 1 year is up.

IF you can't get warranity don't panic. warranity for powerbooks are $550 which is a hell of a lot of money. if something does happen you can just pick up a firesale 15" 1gig 60gig HD combo drive powerbook for $999 (and that price will keep falling as time goes on). thats my logic anyway.

ethania05
21st January 2006, 09:03 PM
Well i bought the system on ebay and they didnt give me a receipt for it. Does the 1 year/6 months apply to all apple products? I want to applecare my ipod as well.

So now i dont know what else to do but perhaps hope that this pb doesnt break. :angry:

Senna
21st January 2006, 09:16 PM
The definitive answer is that the AppleCare Protection Plan is available anytime during the original 12 months warranty.

Of course, it makes sense to get it as soon as possible because it also includes phone support.

AppleCare for your iPod is only $99.00