PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth and Macbook Pro

kaisersozay
18th March 2014, 05:13 PM
I bought my wife a bluetooth headset for her MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.4 13" Late 2011 and was gobsmacked when I went to pair it and found no Bluetooth installed!

Specs show it as standard...

Standard AirPort: 802.11a/b/g/n (450
Mbit*) Standard Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR

Can anyone suggest why we don't have it and can we restore it or is there a workaround?
Will a USB Buetooth work, for instance?
By the way there is no Airport either.

Thingme
18th March 2014, 06:33 PM
Kaiser,

Not enough information to go on yet. So you don't know then that Airport and bluetooth had been working earlier? Never been used since new?

Could be some damage there. For hardware damage, the missing components would need to be troubleshooted (troubleshot?) by an accredited technician. I suppose the missing things are listed in System Information. If they are listed they should work.

But it could be software.

What happens when you access the System Preferences icons for Bluetooth and Airport? What happens when you run the Airport Utility app?

Try an SMC reset. Try a PRAM/vram reset. The how-tos can be found in your Finder Help or at the Apple web site.

Still no good? Maybe this: Format the HDD and install a fresh copy of the OS. Late 2011? Should accept Mavericks no problem.

Good luck.

Peter.

kaisersozay
18th March 2014, 07:52 PM
Peter,
Th SMC reset turned up Bluetooth as existing and then paired with the headset. Wow!
The macbook is running Mavericks. A recent upgrade. Still no Airport but not required at this time.
Upshot is... Peter, you are a champion and I thank you.
Jeff