PDA

View Full Version : Any Apple collectors near Sydney Airport?

macman142
14th March 2014, 03:34 PM
I need to clear out an IT storage room for a design studio 10 mins from Sydney Airport, next week.

From what I've been told, there are possibly (x2) PowerMac G4 Quicksilver towers, (x1) G5 iMac, (x2) PowerMac G5 towers and possibly some other equipment I need to quickly and easily dispose of.

There also appears to be some Windows PC's, probably of similar vintage. And obligatory pile of cords. Doubtful anything will be a working/complete system, all suit repair or parts. No guarantees or warranty etc, obviously.

If you are able to get to the area one evening next week, please let me know. You would need to be able to take as much of the equipment on offer as possible - I am there with the task of EMPTYING the room, not selling items individually or allowing people to pick-and-choose. That said, items will be FREE (but I'll happily accept donations)! Working away from home so chocolate, ice coffee or other 'necessities' will be acceptable donations, not essential.

Please reply here if you're interested. Make sure you have means to transport at least 5-6 computers.

jeremybh1
14th March 2014, 05:48 PM
What a cool idea. Plenty of treasure in there for the right person I'm sure. Good luck with it .

Oldmacs
14th March 2014, 05:52 PM
Damn... in sydney but can't get there :( :( :(

macman142
14th March 2014, 06:24 PM
A great member from MacTalk already helped me clear items out of another studio (in Melbourne) with success. He picked up some nice things too.

Someone will get some nice old stuff from this studio, but they have to be prepared to take 5-6 machines with little detail on each (ie not sure what the specs are and if they work or don't work).

Looking for a minimal hassle offload to someone who appreciates an old Apple or three.

midnight_e
14th March 2014, 08:40 PM
macman

Collection I have fits that era of machines.
I'm interested, sending pm now.

macman142
14th March 2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the PM midnight_e, sounds promising!

macman142
26th March 2014, 04:57 PM
Just to let anyone know who's interested - this was a success and all the equipment was removed hassle free, I'm very pleased.

"5 or 6 machines" actually turned into more like 20, however the lot was taken regardless! :)

LCGuy
26th March 2014, 09:55 PM
Good to hear they all went to a good home. Would've loved to have helped, but sadly not enough room in the 1 bedroom shoebox that I call home :(

paronga
27th March 2014, 12:51 PM
Glad to hear you had success macman!