PDA

View Full Version : knockoffs, but I am giving them a go

entropy
4th March 2014, 08:50 PM
On shoppingsquare.com.au (http://www.shoppingsquare.com.au/p_402920_Earphone_Earpods_Remote_MIC_For_Apple_IPH ONE_5S_5C_5_4S_4_Ipod_Touch_New_IPAD_3_4_Mini) for $7.95 plus $1 postage. I bought some just to see if they are actually the same as the genuine ones. There is also a black set but it does not look as close a copy and does not appear to be in a case.

http://www.shoppingsquare.com.au/images/products/49206.jpg
The blurb says
"Unlike traditional, circular earbuds, the design of this earphone is defined by the geometry of the ear. Which makes them more comfortable for more peoplethan any other earbud-style headphone. The speakers inside earpods have been engineered to minimize sound loss and maximize soundoutput. So you get high-quality audio that's just as impressive as what you'd hear from more expensive headphones."

compared with the genuine apple product blurb
" Unlike traditional, circular earbuds, the design of the new Apple EarPods is defined by the geometry of the ear. Which makes them more comfortable for more people than any other earbud-style headphone.The speakers inside Apple EarPods have been engineered to minimize sound loss and maximize sound output. So you get high-quality audio thats just as impressive as what youd hear from more expensive headphones."

I hope I don't get electrocuted.

bennyling
4th March 2014, 09:24 PM
I'm reasonably sure, but don't have the facts to back it up, that it would be reasonably impossible to get electrocuted (to death) via a pair of earbuds. I doubt there would be enough juice for that.

entropy
4th March 2014, 09:36 PM
You'd think they could have at least copied the font.

PO15KA
4th March 2014, 09:47 PM
Hi
I bought them few months ago as spare for my trip overseas....they are ok.

Marcin

leon
5th March 2014, 04:46 AM
Hi
I bought them few months ago as spare for my trip overseas....they are ok.

Marcin

Ok as in the same as Apple ones, or ok as in they play sound and are better than nothing?

PO15KA
5th March 2014, 07:24 AM
Hi

At certain volume level the sound quality deteriorates.
From time to time crackling and screeching noise occurs, very rare but reoccurring.
The volume buttons are not as responsive as the original Apple ones.
For the price they made a perfect spares to keep at work or to take with me on a travel trip without worrying about losing them.

Marcin