PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to Mavericks: apps now open previous files upon launch

omelette
21st February 2014, 02:27 PM
Hi Peeps

Bizare problem here and I haven't find an obvious solution yet.

My old MacBook Pro finally died do I bought a MacBook Air to replace. I managed to boot the broken old machine in firewire drive mode and migrated my account across to the new machine using migration assistant. Overal the process has been pretty straightforward

However, I have one outstanding issue:

When I launch an application on the new machine it automatically opens the last documents worked on when that application was running. I'm not sure if this is a "feature" of Mavericks but I would love to know how to stop this from happening.

Thanks in advance :)

CrypticSquared
21st February 2014, 02:58 PM
it is a feature as you will notice with "Saved Application State" under ~/Library. Does turning on "Close windows when quitting" in Sys Prefs -> General, fix it? I actually like the feature personally.

omelette
21st February 2014, 03:03 PM
Many thanks - sorted!

The feature is fine, I'm just used to working in a different way and don't want it imposed on me. For example, when opening a work document to show a colleague and suddenly find a number of non-work related documents open up was embarrassing albeit I was on my home machine ;)