PDA

View Full Version : Raising funds, any point in selling iMac G3 and other similar items.

macman142
20th February 2014, 02:16 PM
Need to get some cash together and need to get rid of some Apple stuff I'm hanging onto unnecessarily. I'm hoping to sell my boxed Graphite iMac G3 which I've posted in the for sale area for $200 ono. Wonder if there will be any interest? Would be nice to sell it to a member... Probably the only item of any real interest or value...

Also have:

G3 B&W tower
G4 Graphite tower (with matching Apple 17" CRT)
G4 Quicksilver tower (with matching Apple 20" LCD)
G4 Mirror drive door tower (with matching Apple 17" LCD)
G5 dual processor tower (with matching 20" Apple LCD)

G4 iMac 15" (has minor cosmetic blemishes)
G5 iMac 20" iSight model

All going cheap, all functional but there will be limited accessories (few keyboards, mice and cables)... Again, would just be nice for them to go to good homes and to collectors rather than people that somehow want to try and put them into a working environment only to be disappointed/difficult.

Oldmacs
20th February 2014, 06:04 PM
How much would the G5 Tower be? I have a feeling that shipping could be a problem....

will
20th February 2014, 06:16 PM
If you do to sell the G4 MDD....I am just looking for the case. Does not need to be working.

macman142
21st February 2014, 12:49 AM
I've got a Mac Pro box so shipping a G5 would be simple but probably pricey. Maybe $50-$70 on freight+insurance.

The LCDs would be harder I think.

The G5 alone, $60 would be nice?

Oldmacs
21st February 2014, 07:16 AM
Hmm.. I'm very keen on having a G5... but I think I'll have to step aside and let someone else have this one as expected I don't think I could afford it!! :P

rpjallan
21st February 2014, 04:12 PM
Being in Western Australia certainly is a disadvantage where shipping is concerned. I'd like more info on the Quicksilver & Mirror Drive Door if that's at all possible.

Thanks.

knightcruiser
21st February 2014, 05:34 PM
Try all the Apple Clubs

They might have someone who collects and needs a machine to fill a gap

macman142
21st February 2014, 08:15 PM
I would suggest that freight for a tower (G3, G4 or G5) will be somewhere between $50-$70.

If a potential buyer was local and going to pickup from me (ie no fuss or effort on my part) then I'd give them away to good, honest homes.

But if I was to freight interstate, I'd need a "donation" to help make it worth time and effort finding a suitable box, collecting some packing and organising a courier etc...

These things are always difficult, probably why I've ended up with them (and so many of them).

I've given eMacs away to a local organisation by the car-load. And I've given TWO local collectors one of each model.

Provided there was interest here, genuine interest then I'd take the time to gather specs/details.