PDA

View Full Version : Optus 3G and sms not always received

CrypticSquared
13th January 2014, 05:43 PM
Hi,

Since upgrading to iOS 7.x I haven't been receiving some SMS's that are marked as sent on the other persons iPhone. This started happening after I disabled iMessages on my phone (no idea if that's relevant.) It's happened on my 4s and now my iPhone 5.

Basically a person will send me an SMS, their phone marks it as sent and in green, for standard SMS not iMessage, but I never receive the SMS. Then the next one they send to me may or may not work. It seems to be quite random with who the sender is and which will come through and which won't. I have rung Optus tech support and they have said there is nothing wrong with my account or the iPhones. I also upgraded to the iPhone 5 by backing up the 4s and restoring it to the new phone. Has anyone heard of this happening or possibly know a fix?

Marcsteel
15th January 2014, 11:53 AM
This is quite common, my partner sends me sms and I might not get it immediately, and visa versa. As it turns out, under the T&C's for both Optus and Telstra, delivery is not guaranteed.

nibbles
15th January 2014, 12:04 PM
This is quite common, my partner sends me sms and I might not get it immediately, and visa versa. As it turns out, under the T&C's for both Optus and Telstra, delivery is not guaranteed.

Sounds about right, I've experienced this, particularly with sending photos. I tend to use iMessage as much as possible because at least that way you get the notification that it has been delivered successfully.