PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor Disable

bakeraus
12th January 2014, 05:26 PM
Hey! :D

Just a quick question for the Mac guys/gals on here. I have setup a 21.5 iMac and I also have a 24" Dell Premier Colour monitor but I would like to use my Dell as the main monitor for the real estate, graphics and photo work.

Can I disable and enable the iMac screen when I would like to use it? I turn down the brightness but I would to power down when not in use. Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice and taking a look.

Alec Fraser
12th January 2014, 08:35 PM
Pretty sure that isn't possible, you're only real option is to turn the brightness all the way down.

glacierdave
13th January 2014, 06:43 AM
The iMac is fully integrated. You aren't going to be disabling it's internal screen.

But, there's no reason why you can't run it in dual monitor mode.

That would allow you to run the apps you want on your Dell monitor while you run other stuff on the iMac screen.

This is basically what I do on my iMac. I use an external 24-inch monitor for email, twitter, web browsers etc and keep the built-in 27-inch screen for FCPX, Aperture, etc.

Dual monitor can be very useful once you get used to it.

David

bakeraus
13th January 2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the responses :) I'll just get used to it and use them as a dual display setup. Will be brilliant for web on one and graphics on the other. Appreciate the advice chaps.