PDA

View Full Version : Using Chrome on a MBP

Blazbo
23rd November 2013, 01:29 PM
Hi All,

Is anyone using Chrome out there?
Wondering if it's worth using on my MBP - using Safari at present, but thinking of switching.
Wadayareckon?

Mrspeedy
23rd November 2013, 05:58 PM
Chrome is the best browser IMO. Everything is linked to your gmail as well, so bookmarks, history, passwords etc.

PO15KA
23rd November 2013, 06:57 PM
thats is a very good question, what if someone does not use gmail but hotmail or yahoo instead? is chrome still worthy consideration? i for e.g. few months ago used commodo dragon browser, same as chrome but stripped out from all the privacy invasions of google. (this was on a win machine, i don't believe commode dragon browser is available on OSX)

Oldmacs
23rd November 2013, 07:15 PM
Chrome sucks on the mac, it loads slowly and crahes. Safari 6/7 is much better. I used chrome for a while but swapped back to safari :p

davemc
24th November 2013, 06:28 AM
I moved to Chrome a few years ago when Safari was slow. My iOS devices sync bookmarks/history.
Keep meaning to try both again, new iOS Safari seems a lot better then it was, I used iCab before chrome on the iOS devices

The_Hawk
24th November 2013, 07:33 PM
I never really liked Safari so used Firefox, then when that started to get too bloaty tried and switched over to Chrome. I can't say as I have had any crashing issues, it's always worked quite well. The only thing I have noticed is that it does seem to show in "Apps using significant energy" list what seems quite often (although not right now :P). I don't know if that's more a reflection of the sites I am visiting or the fact that I tend to have lots many many tabs open (although not right now...).

Now I do use Safari too, I seem to have one browser setup for my day to day use, with favourites/bookmarks to match and the other setup for more work stuff and use them both interchangeably.

In Chrome I'm very used to being able to hit Command-Shift-T to get back the last tab I accidentally closed or Scroll wheel clicking on a tab to close it, two things Safari doesn't do... but that's more habit than anything else.