PDA

View Full Version : IP4S running IOS5 - network unlock without updating iOS?

Renoman
9th November 2013, 09:44 PM
I'm still running ios5 on my 4S, and don't particularly want to update it. Call me retro :-)

But I have had Telstra send the unlock request so I can use an overseas sim next week - but it seems I can't do this without updating to Ios7. I kinda like 5...

I don't have software files in the iTunes libary folder on the Mac, so am I out of luck..?

samuelowens
10th November 2013, 06:38 PM
You need to do a restore to get the unlock to take (an update won't cut it). As Apple has stopped signing iOS5, you can really only restore to iOS7...

~Coxy
11th November 2013, 04:22 PM
You can do it if you jailbreak your iPhone.

Install SAM, via Cydia - Subscriber Artificial Module (http://www.bingner.com/SAM.html)
Use it to de-activate the phone, then plug it into your computer and run iTunes, and it'll unlock the phone (provided it's actually been approved for unlocking by your carrier).

DeKa
12th November 2013, 06:16 AM
You need to do a restore to get the unlock to take (an update won't cut it). As Apple has stopped signing iOS5, you can really only restore to iOS7...

Really? I got the "congratulations this iPhone is unlocked" simply by syncing after requesting the unlock.

It's worth a go renoman.