PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5s - Touch ID

gollys
8th November 2013, 11:24 PM
How strange, set up the ID touch using my thumb print and index finger and the phone seems to no longer recognise the thumb print at all, only the index one - anyone else have issues and how did they fix it?

dawson1138
9th November 2013, 04:56 PM
How strange, set up the ID touch using my thumb print and index finger and the phone seems to no longer recognise the thumb print at all, only the index one - anyone else have issues and how did they fix it?

I don't have help as such but I have had the same sort of problem since setting it up.

The right thumb works fine but the left one does only sometimes...

gollys
9th November 2013, 05:29 PM
It is weird - I went in to settings and added it again - working for now - crazy it is.

gumby08
10th November 2013, 11:11 AM
I've had problems from day one - my fingerprints work for a couple of days and then they're no longer recognised. So I delete them and start again. Happens with all my fingers, I've even scanned only my thumb but added it to all the available fingerprint slots with the same problem after about 36-48 hours.

I've just resigned myself to the problem for the time being in the hope that a software update will fix it. It's very frustrating though, give the Touch ID was for me the main reason for upgrading from the iPhone 5.

changa
10th November 2013, 12:14 PM
I've had problems from day one - my fingerprints work for a couple of days and then they're no longer recognised. So I delete them and start again. Happens with all my fingers, I've even scanned only my thumb but added it to all the available fingerprint slots with the same problem after about 36-48 hours.

I've just resigned myself to the problem for the time being in the hope that a software update will fix it. It's very frustrating though, give the Touch ID was for me the main reason for upgrading from the iPhone 5.

I have the same problem as well. My fingerprints seem to get forgotten after a few days as well. There was even one time when none of my fingerprints would work. Unlocked the iPhone using my passcode and went into my fingerprint settings only to find that there were no fingerprints listed at all! (even though I had 4 fingerprints registered).

tombull
12th November 2013, 07:32 AM
I haven't experienced this issue, however I do find Touch ID to be very hit-and-miss and unintuitive (by which I mean that I am struggling to find a natural button-pressing duration that activates Touch ID, rather than either just getting the phone to the unlock screen, or activating Siri). I end up wasting more time unlocking my phone now that I did with the old swipe/passcode method!

I think that Touch ID needs to activate with a natural press of the Home button - which presumably it eventually will.