PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix finder :(

wolfie
6th November 2013, 03:05 PM
Im stuck. Im running 10.9 and every time I boot/log in I get this message from finder on the desktop:

'The last time you opened Finder, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?'

Now Ive tracked the application causing this which is 'Copy' which is like a dropbox like application. Ive set it to boot upon loading and it brings up this finder message when I manually boot it.

I have deleted 'Copy' numerous times and reinstalled it as well as deleting the finder.plist in preferences. Yet when I load up "copy' it still brings this finder message about.

What am I missing. Can anyone help me?

Thank you

glacierdave
6th November 2013, 04:23 PM
It seems fair to be blaming 'Copy' for the problem. Is it possible that it's still doing something in the background when you restart? Perhaps it's not gracefully ending that task and this is why you're seeing the problem.

Perhaps now is a good time to see what the support is like from the 'Copy' folks and ask them for advice.

David

DeKa
7th November 2013, 06:14 AM
Google Drive has a similar issue - it causes Finder to crash constantly. It must be something to do with all these file sync apps...

baobab68
7th November 2013, 09:56 AM
I have the same issue with XtraFinder since updating to Mavericks. If I select the 'folders on top' option, that plugin crashes on startup.

Awaiting an update from the folks at Tran Ky Nam software.