PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air 2012, Mavericks & Windows 8.1 install

manc01
25th October 2013, 04:47 PM
Hi there,

I am going mad trying to install Windows 8.1 from a USB drive via BootCamp. I have made the ISO Windows 8.1 installation disk. I have downloaded the appropriate files & seem to be doing everything right. However when I get part way through the process after selecting the Window partition size (40GB) I am running into problems.

When I go to install Windows to the BootCamp partition I get an error message that it cannot be installed on the drive. I can see that it is formatted in NTFS but no matter what I do it will not proceed & gives me an error message. I have searched the net but not found an answer to this problem.

I have deleted the partition & reformatted it to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

manc01
25th October 2013, 05:15 PM
The error messages that I am getting are "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTSC".

The other message is "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information see the setup log files".

qaz
25th October 2013, 10:10 PM
Are you sure the bootcamp partition is formatted to NTFS? I know by default that bootcamp creates a FAT32 partition. You have to reformat it as NTFS when you are running the windows install program.

manc01
25th October 2013, 10:23 PM
When I looked under disk utility afterwards it said NTFS. There is not much info to help me out there. Hopefully its something simple...