PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7.1/Other stuff

Oldmacs
22nd October 2013, 01:30 PM
I'm hoping we see iOS 7.1 annouced tomorrow….. with:
-Speed improvements for older iPhones.
-Bug Fixes.
-Some new iPad oriented features.
-Better transitions between opening apps etc.
-Twitter and Facebook in notifications centre.
-Open settings from control centre.
-Better do not disturb.
-Dare I say it…. A nicer safari icon :P
-Airdrop to Mac.

I would also like to see a new version of iWork for Mac . I love iWork and swapped from Office to iWork about a year ago, but there are plenty of things iWork is missing. Same with iLife for the Mac… its quite outdated. I'd like to see some of the iPhoto for iPad features being carried over to the Mac version such as journals :)

bennyling
22nd October 2013, 06:09 PM
You're dreamin', Oldmacs, and here's why: when iOS 7.1 hits I doubt Apple will be adding any new features and refinements like you're saying, because those are the kinds of things they've leave for the next big release :)

And seriously, when was the last time Apple announced a point update (OS X doesn't count) at an Apple event?

Oldmacs
22nd October 2013, 06:29 PM
2011.. with iOS 4.3

I don't even mind if its not announced but released to devs tomorrow. iOS 7 has a lot of issues that need to be fixed. Especially on older models.

Apple really should go back to being able to deliver a few nice features in iOS 7… like in iOS 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 Surely they aren't going to wait till iOS 8 to make iOS 7 a more tablet optimised os…..

iOS 5.1 (Well actually 5.1 was almost there, it had some new features) and 6.1 should have never been called a x0.1 release as they weren't.

gikku
23rd October 2013, 08:09 AM
7.0.3 @ 51.7MB needs wifi, :sick:

kerr
23rd October 2013, 09:43 PM
7.0.3 @ 51.7MB needs wifi, :sick:

yeah, typical Apple logic continues.

I wish they'd release a .5 release every year. Just add a couple of small features, keep people interested in the brand and bring new people in.