PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5 won't restore to new soft wear?

Hex
9th October 2013, 04:43 PM
Hi All,

I Sold my old iPhone 5 and the buyer a friend of mine has had the phone locked out and will not activate I have attempted to restore to new software "iPhone5,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw" but this fails and says "Firmware file not compatible" I believe this has happened because the phone was running iOS 7 before the official release any advise on how to fix would be appreciated.

bennyling
9th October 2013, 05:33 PM
So what happens if you put it into Recovery mode and do a restore via iTunes 11.1?

(Turn it off, plug it into the computer whilst holding the Home button.)

Hex
10th October 2013, 06:51 AM
So what happens if you put it into Recovery mode and do a restore via iTunes 11.1?

(Turn it off, plug it into the computer whilst holding the Home button.)

It says The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible. I would assume I have got the wrong firmware file iPhone5,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw ??

Dambo
10th October 2013, 07:54 AM
You can find direct links to iPhone firmware here:

iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750)

There are several different ones for iPhone 5 depending on the model.

Hex
10th October 2013, 08:52 AM
You can find direct links to iPhone firmware here:

iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750)

There are several different ones for iPhone 5 depending on the model.

Thanks it is an iPhone 5 so not sure if:

7.0.2 (5 GSM): iPhone5,1_7.0.2_11A501_Restore.ipsw
7.0.2 (5 GSM+CDMA): iPhone5,2_7.0.2_11A501_Restore.ipsw

I thought all iPhone 5 phones are GSM + CDMA ??

bennyling
10th October 2013, 09:09 AM
You want the iPhone5,2 firmware. But that's really strange, iTunes should download and install the right firmware file for your particular model iPhone automatically. To be clear, you're not choosing the firmware file yourself?

Hex
10th October 2013, 09:23 AM
You want the iPhone5,2 firmware. But that's really strange, iTunes should download and install the right firmware file for your particular model iPhone automatically. To be clear, you're not choosing the firmware file yourself?

Thanks all sorted I found the correct firmware and installed successfully. Thanks for your help guys.