PDA

View Full Version : Apple Exchange?

gollys
7th October 2013, 11:22 AM
Ok so I brought a new iMac 21 a week ago & I do love it, but now wonder should I have gone for a 27 inch? I thought the 27 inch might be too big, but I forgot how you can resize to multiple screens etc - (I just switched from windows PC) and now wish I had of brought the 27?
How are Apple regarding exchanging? Or the fact I have had it for a week mess things up?
I have original box but of course I have been using it for the past week.
My mac book pro is my everyday "go to" for emails, but I kind of wish I did go for the 27 inch now.

It is so hard to say when you look at these things in the shop.

My other problem is I did put the 21 inch on my GE interest free card - and I know you cannot get refunds through that - but wondered if I can swap to a 27 inch and pay the difference between the two prices?

Has anyone done an exchange before?

rss123
7th October 2013, 11:52 AM
Call them but I'm pretty they have a 14 day cooling off period where you can return the item no questions asked. Might be for iphone only.

EDIT: Yep you can - Sales Policies - Apple Store (Australia) (http://store.apple.com/au/browse/open/salespolicies#returns)

For any other undamaged product, simply return it with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you receive the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. For returns to an Apple Retail Store for cash, cash equivalent, and cheque transactions over $250, Apple will mail a refund cheque to you within 10 business days.

bennyling
7th October 2013, 12:15 PM
Apple have a great refund exchange policy if you buy with cash. Since you paid with interest free, you'd probably have to talk to them to see what they can do.

gollys
7th October 2013, 12:25 PM
I rang the Chadstone Victoria store (as we are on a public in Qld) and they said I can change it if I wish and just pay the difference. I just return it all and switch over. Now I have to decide if that is what I actually want to do - do you notice a big difference with using a bigger screen on a smaller desk?

PO15KA
7th October 2013, 02:20 PM
Hi mate!

Exchange it, you are already having doubts and pointing out "limitations" in 21" size, just make sure you don't get yourself into financial debt as a result of the upgrade, that's all.

Just my opinion on this :)

Marcin

gollys
7th October 2013, 02:24 PM
I am just wondering if the 27 inch might be too close though? My sitting distance from the 21 inch iMac now is 55cm (22 inches) from screen.
Maybe I ought to open a thread on that? I bet lots have this battle?????

ednap
7th October 2013, 03:09 PM
I think you may be over complicating things.
Though I admit now that Apple has removed the CD from the iMac range there is less physical interaction with it I don't think sitting distance to a PC is like sitting distance to a TV screen. I didn't get out a tape measure but I am probably same distance to my 27 as you are to your current 21.5 and in my case the extra screen real estate presents nothing but benefits.

gollys
7th October 2013, 03:15 PM
I think you may be over complicating things.
That does sound like me - afterall I am female :-)