PDA

View Full Version : 15" Macbook Retina Issue

mrmarts
6th October 2013, 04:10 PM
Hey Guys

I own a late 2012 Macbook Retina, which has been experiencing sporadic crackling/popping sounds after I exit game. It seems to do this when the fans wind down. The Macbook is out of the warranty repair period, has anyone experienced this issue and if so should I be concerned? FYI the macbook is running quietly at normal temperatures 60 and 50 degrees and the audio is fine.

Brains
7th October 2013, 04:49 AM
As the case is designed to be an integral part of the machine's thermal waste management, what you're hearing is the logicboard's ground-contact pins repositioning themselves as the case contracts back to its usual size. It isn't something to be overly concerned about, but if it troubles you, take it in to an Apple store and get a technician to look at it for you.

paronga
16th October 2013, 08:50 PM
As the case is designed to be an integral part of the machine's thermal waste management, what you're hearing is the logicboard's ground-contact pins repositioning themselves as the case contracts back to its usual size. It isn't something to be overly concerned about, but if it troubles you, take it in to an Apple store and get a technician to look at it for you.
:O
REALLY NOW!
can you elaborate on this with pics or something? what do you mean relocating?