PDA

View Full Version : Calendar reminders / email alerts not working in Mountain Lion

jogyafan
2nd October 2013, 03:52 PM
I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my macbook. Then all my calendar reminders which are set to email me at set times of the day / week / month / year failed to work. I've tried all the advice in all the forums but nothing can make my calendar send me an email to alert me to do what I've set in my calendar.

I've tried everything over a 3 week period and nothing gives me back the functionality I had with the previous version of Calendar sending me emails to remind me to do things.

Even the geniuses at Genius Bar at Apple were not able to make it work. I have tried setting my contact card in Contacts to my email address, no joy. Sometimes I can get a repeating reminder to work for one day, but not another day.

Can any geniuses out there help me?

bennyling
2nd October 2013, 06:39 PM
I'd create a new user account and try doing it there (adding your email address to Contacts first).

It'll rule out a preferences issue for one. If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can suggest is a clean install (back up, erase, and install OS X from scratch).